letting the girl friend dive the rig

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by bigbaddiesel, Aug 5, 2006.

1. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    ok since we are on this site we are all addicted to our rigs.... my girl friend of 2years recently asked to drive the rig because its big and loud and pushes her back in the seat when i get on it.... my truck is my baby she is my baby... i dont know what to do she is a good driver its just that she drives a car that may fit in my bedrotfl i was just wondering what to do about this should i do it like my dad did and take her to an empty parking lot and teach her the ways of the psd and go from there or just have her take a shot at it because she has the money to fix it.. which i wouldnt let her pay for ...........?

2. the_sandman_454

the_sandman_454 Well-Known Member

I suspect if you want to keep her in your bed :eek: :rolleyes: you'll probably want to let her drive it... jk

On a more serious note, if she's a decent driver go ahead and let her drive it a few times with you present, perhaps on some back roads or less populated areas first. I'm not sure a parking lot is necessary unless it's winter time, snowy and she's used to a front wheel drive, in which case IMO it's a great learning experience to just practice driving in a controlled situation like that. In fact that's what I tend to do the first good snow or two just to keep in practice.

It's really not that much different than the small car except it takes up a little more of the lane and probably doesn't ride quite as smoothly.

3. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

as long as it is not a dually, or she is trying to park it in the first spots at the mall, it shouldnt be a problem.......

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i still let the Ex GF drive when i visit her. she makes a few mistakes as she is not used to the gearing and having to shift all the time... she doesnt hurt it though.

5. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    I let my wife and her best friend both drive my truck. I just make sure that it has plenty of fuel so she doesnt accidently put gas in it:doah: and I also tell her to park towards the back of the parking lot so she doesnt hit anything trying to park.

6. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I let my wife drive mine from time to time not to bad and heck at least she would know how to drive it if you go hurt or to drunk to drive.

7. rlyons

rlyons Active Member

I was hoping you meant drive not dive!:stir:

8. rocknbronco

either one could be good depending on how you look at it

9. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    well she drove it and did a great job haha next step is the tralor
    rotfl rotfl

10. rocknbronco

backing will be a pain:doah:

11. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    HAHA my wife drove the truck with the trailer once. She did fine but white knuckled it the whole time b/c she didnt like the width:doah:

12. rocknbronco

Same here it was a two horse trailer did great but she hates driving anything or towing anything wider than the road.