lift kits?????

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by dylan9862003, Aug 6, 2007.

1. dylan9862003

dylan9862003 Active Member

I am interested in a lift kit for my truck and would like some opinions on dif brands ..... I really want something thats gonna ride smooth but give me enough room to put some 35 inch tires on it .....any replies would be greatly appreciated .....thanx

2. scarecrow

scarecrow Active Member

Albums:
    if you only want to run 35s then you can get away with just a leveling kit. either coil spacers or coils. i have 3 inch coil spacers on my truck now. i had skyjacker d25 coils on my old truck which was a 01 ram3500. personally i would go with a set of coils over spacers. the only reason i have spacers now is cause they were free. but i believe the coils rode smoother....and if your truck does not see off road at all you can run the stock shocks up to 3inchs....

3. dylan9862003

well thats the thing i go to the hunting camp on the weekends and get a pretty ruff ride ...i mean it rides like a logging truck really beats u to death so im looking for a good lift thats gonna ride smooth but i have 32 inch tires on it now and my truck is level but they rub if i have the wheel turned hard and hit a good bump so i dont think i could get away with just a leveling kit or not i have been looking at either a 5 or 6 inch lift but really want opinions on the ride quality from brand to brand .....i guess i just like the looks of the 5 or 6 inchs but dont want to get a cheap lift that wont ride any better than what i got

4. scarecrow

scarecrow Active Member

Albums:
    well then in that case i would say go with a long arm kit. there not cheap but the ride is amazing. a buddy of mine has a 2002 2500 with a cummins and he has a 6in long arm kit on it man that thing is sweet. he also says it rides better now with the lift and tires then it did stock. i will call him and find out what kit he has...

5. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    That long arm system is likely a Skyjacker. IIRC, back when I was really into lift kits and bigger tires, Skyjacker had some of the best lifts around for the 2nd gen Dodges. Their stage 2 systems had heim joints on the trailing arms which really impressed me.

BTW, you don't need a 5" system to clear 35's.

6. dylan9862003

well i kinda figured a 3" lift would get me high enough for 35s but i really like the looks of the higher ones but i dont wanna go to high and lose the use of the truck if u know what i mean but the ride comfort is one of the main issues for me ....... can u get one of the long arm suspensions in a 3" ????? and just what is the long arm lift if you will excuse my ignorance....lol

7. dylan9862003

is anybody partial to a certain brand or is there a brand i should stay away from??????? i think i might try to do the install myself but i have never done one any helpfull hints or comments on this or should i find a good 4x4 shop to take it to and spend the extra money on them installing it???:rolleyes:

8. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have a Revtek leveling kit and it clears the 35's with no problem.

In my case, I really can't go any higher without affecting the way the truck tows the 5th wheel. The trailer already has an 8 inch beam added to the frame to allow it to be towed level with my truck. I've also moved the king pin up as far as it will go. It's only about 3 inches below the frame now. That translates to approx 5 inches between the trailer and the bed of the truck, hooked up and loaded.

9. scarecrow

scarecrow Active Member

Albums:
    very expencive but have you considered kelderman air ride suspensions..there you will get everything you want the ride the height and the ability to tow heavy loads....

10. dylan9862003

i saw there ad but havent priced it yet kinda scared to i guess being this is not a work truck just my dd and a toy basically lol ...gotta love it:)

11. mike6187

mike6187 Member

For lift kits, I would suggest the ReadyLift. Since I got this lift kits & accessories, the difference is really noticeable. My truck rides better than before.

[​IMG]