Modular Homes

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by rocknbronco, Jul 23, 2006.

1. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experince with modular homes I'm looking at a Fleetwood home now and from what I can tell they look alot better than they used to and come with warrantys on the floors and roofs plus if put on a perminent foundation can gain value like a stick built home and unlike a trailer or mobile home.Plus you cna see you home come to your place in two pieces:D

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    One thing I will say about modular homes, is supposedly the quality is very good. I think it's due that those homes are built in factories where employees have a better setup building different parts. I would just think that generally you will get better quality work out of people in a warehouse where they work everyday and have their workstations than at a temporary jobsite.

3. 9 second Butiac

9 second Butiac Well-Known Member

look at more than 1. we purchased a "Modukraft", it's made in VA. you have to look carefully because there are some areas that the modular companys will cut corners. but from the reasearch that I did the best ones that I found were Modukraft, Nationwide, & All American. we are very happy with the choice we made.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i will be looking at a few in a couple weeks or so. once i get to PA i will be looking for land and a house to be built on....