My boss is numbnut

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by gravdigr, Jul 21, 2005.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    And the fact that he's my father-in-law is beside the point. For some reason he has it in his head that he needs a long hitch in his receiver. So he got a 16" extension welded on top of the current square bar to drop the hitch 2" as well. He originally asked me to do it and I flat out refused telling him it would be terribly unsafe not to mention a longer hitch puts more weight on the receiver and he already has a 7k lb camper being towed with a 1/2 ton pickup. So he takes it to a local welding shop and they add on 16" of THIN WALL square tubing :eek: :eek: :eek: .

First thing I tell him when I see it is "Jeff, that is going to bend, it's not safe". He takes it anyway and comes back with a bent hitch. Well apparently I'm the only person that can tell it's bent. This was last year...fast forward to today. They are going on vacation today and at 7am I get a call.... "that hitch is bent so I'm taking yours." Wouldn't be a problem except I have to haul my backhoe to a cemetery to dig a foundation. Now I have no hitch :mad: :mad: :mad: . So when he leaves I'm taking the company credit card and buying myself the nicest hitch I can find waytogo

Pictures will be coming

2. 97Silverado

97Silverado Member

:D :D waytogo

3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I bought a rapid hitch and I LOVE IT. One hitch for any trailer you have and they all sit level. waytogo Everyone that sees it agrees it's a really cool design and very beefy looking.

5. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Doesn't accomodate a weight distribution setup. Anyway the boss got lucky and I used my dads hitch. Unfortunatly on the way back home (without the backhoe, empty trailer) the truck decides to break down on a stretch of 2 lane highway with no shoulder that sees thousands of 18 wheelers a day. I'm glad he spent a whopping $3,500 on the company truck and saved his money to buy his 2004 $29K F150 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In all it has been a bad day. I'm gonna go get drunk now.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh don't worry, I'm sure his tax returns show both trucks as being company trucks. rotfl

7. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    rotfl rotfl I know mine sure would!!