NASCAR Fans???

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Ramified, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Ramified

Ramified Active Member

Albums:
    How many do we have here? How many pull their campers to the races? And, what is the longest distance that you have gone to a race? I have pulled mine 1200 miles round trip from Quitman, Ms to Daytona Fla last July. I pulled it to Atlanta last October, about 900 mile round trip, and I just got back from Bristol, Tn, about 1100 mile round trip. I love pulling my camper to the races, even though the price of diesel is OUTRAGIOUS, it's part of the fun. I have also been to Texas (about 8 hours, 1 way) and Talladega (about 4 hours 1 way, and the closest track to me) just not with my camper. I just got to thinking about how many miles I have put on my camper just going to races, and I thought I would see what everybody here had to say. waytogo

2. truckie481

truckie481 Active Member

Nascar fan, you betcha! I have been to a few races, Poconos, Texas, Watkins Glen but not with the camper yet, hopefully this year it will happen.

3. whinesnrattles

whinesnrattles Active Member

been a fan since the early 80's. and i'm only 35! i've been to indy, michigan, bristol, charlotte and martinsville. have camped at bristol once and m-ville 3 times. yes its fun but the prices are beyond stupid now. the racing has changed for the worse over the years but it might be getting better. i hate follow the leader and like gouging. the way my heor did before he died at daytona in 2001.

4. Ramified

Ramified Active Member

Albums:
    I'm 33 and I've been a fan since I was a little kid, thanks to my Dad. I did not start going to races until '95 though, when I was making my own money. I was a HUGE #3 fan, and still am. I miss seeing him race. So, of course, I had to go with Jr. For a while after Sr died I quit watching it, but I went back to 'Dega in April 2001, and I got hooked again. The only thing I regret was not getting to take my Dad before he passed. My Mom went to 'Dega for the first time in Oct, and now she's hooked. She went to the Daytona 500 in Feb, and all I got was a t-shirt :D . She just bought a 34' 5er and a 2008 GMC Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 waytogo. She's excited about going to 'Dega at the end of the month and using her new rig. On a side not, I drove her set up a couple of weeks ago, and I will definately get a 5er next time. It pulls great.

88 IN '08!!!!!!!:stir:

5. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

There is the town Quitman and there is the county Quitman. You'd think the town would be in the county(the county seat even) but you'd be wrong.