Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by Bullrack, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Bullrack

Bullrack Well-Known Member

today we were messing around with my Dad's truck while shooting the crap out in the barn. He was leaving for Cali. in the morning and wanted to use my Predator tuner for the trip. I installed the Performance tune and he went for a 2mi. ride. Came back and said it was too violent for an old man so we installed the Tow tune. Fired it up, it ran for maybe 3sec. and then died. He got scared then and made me restore the factory tune. It will just crank over and spin, but won't fire off for anything. We checked fuses and the fuel pump shutoff on the passenger side to no avail. What happened? This truck had no symptoms and only 17K with no troubles. I killed my Dad's truck and he will be taking mine to Cali. tomorrow if I can't fix it. Need help ASAP.

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like the computer won't let it start, this happens on some of our larger engines in our Semis. I bet you have some sort of an active code. Disconnect the battery cables, turn the ignition on for a second or two to drain any capacitors, and let it sit for about a half hour. Hopefully the computer will reset and it will start.

3. Bullrack

Just pulled codes, one for KAM/memory and one P1000/ something about OBD sequence test reset or did not complete. What does this crap mean?

4. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    it means teh computer lost contact with the programer mid stream and is now locked up.

disconnect both batteries, put them on a charger to ensure they are fully charged

pull all teh fuses under the dash, turn on lights

wait 4 hours

turn off lights, install both batteries
    plug in alf fuses and then run a code read from the predator

try to reload the factory tune.
    you did back up his factory tune in the predator before you loaded teh tow tune right
    not leave in your factory tune???? if you did leave in your tune. your basically screwed, call predator they can walk you through a series that will restore a base tune to get it running again
    hope it helps

5. Bullrack

Actually ended up being his HPOP went south. Got it fixed, but mine ended up with more problems than his. He didn't make it out of town next day as mine blew up. Mine was ticking which we all thought was the dual-mass flywheel, ended up being a lifter failure. And this my friends, tore up all kinds of $hit. Should be getting mine back tomorrow with complete new engine.