New engine for 2007 ?

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by Power Stroker, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Power Stroker

Power Stroker Member

Ive read that ford is puttin a new engine in their rigs for the 2007 model year. is it true ???? any thoughts ? :stir:

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    From what I understand yes, unless something has changed should be a 6.4 I believe, maybe someone with some more info will chime in.

3. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah supposed to be a 6.4 From what I understand it will be the exact same motor bored out a little making it a 6.4, and pre turbo and turbo units. Most people say twin turbo, but that not exactly right. The first turbo thingie will just force the air to the real turbo. also it will have many more electronic do dads.

It has the making of a nighmare, I hope im wrong cause I like the way fords look and drive.

Can you imagine that, the same 6.0 bored out to make a 6.4:eek: That alone scares me.

same ole same ole.

not to mention all those egr's!

But we wont know for sure untill late '06

4. DWitcher

DWitcher Well-Known Member

Great more work!rotfl

5. PermanentMarker

PermanentMarker TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    So it's a sequential turbo? Wierd. They are proven in many applications - one basically feeds the low RPM, the other for high, they make for virtually no turbo lag. Should be an interesting truck to drive until the motor blows. rotfl

Marc

6. ryan22re

ryan22re Member

the first designs did have two turbos. the newest prototypes do not. will be a very quiet engine.

instead of the oil over fuel injectors will have a high pressure pump (1800 bar) and injectors similar in design to the dmax injectors.

7. StrokerKID

StrokerKID Member

Still is a sequential turbo design i have the spec sheet in front of me with a picture of the final engine, Yes it will be high pressure fuel system instead of oil, you crack an injector line loose and you could lose a finger!!!!!, Also the grille will now come open with the hood like a dodge. GONNA BE A PITA TO WORK ON

8. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

I have heard that the new 6.4L will be using a common rail system instead of a HUEI system. Wouldn't that require a substantial redesign?

I've also heard that Ford will be using sequential turbos. :popcorn: