New guy with a couple questions...

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 7.3' started by vicious, Jul 11, 2010.

1. vicious

vicious New Member

Hi All, I'm a long time drooler, and new poster. I'm in the market for a new to me vehicle to pick up tow duties and haul the family around from time to time. I'm a dyed in the wool ford guy, and I plan on staying that way. I have been searching through the 94-99 F-350 crew cabs, and I've come across a couple that have peaked my interest. One in particular is a single owner 1995 F-350 4x4 crew with the 7.3 and an auto transmission (not sure which auto). It has 259,000 on the motor, and they are asking $5500 for it. Now, the body is straight, the interior is fairly clean, and it appears to run well. Before I take the leap, I'm hoping someone can tell me if my understanding that this is about half-life for this motor is correct or just way off. Beyond that, is there anything specific I should check for? I'm an old gas motor guy and have an 86 F350 with the 460 in it, but I'm just not sure what to look for in this.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any input!

2. WD40

WD40 Active Member

With 259,000 on the motor, who knows, if it's been taking care of with oil and filters changed and the A/Freeze changed like it should have been all these years, it could be a very good truck. Good Luck.
    Doug