Not a good weekend

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Diesel Nut, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    So, snowboarding was great Sunday. Good snow, warm, clear weather, just beautiful. Great day to be on the mountain. Now, I am still a beginner, so I stick mostly the blue trails, just getting more and more comfortabe on the board. I even took a few Black diamond runs today, and really did all right. Had fun, until . . . . .

I was cruising down a blue run and there was a limb stuck out of the snow. Tried to avoid it but at my speed no go. Caught the tip of the board and spun me FAST! wound up faceplanting, which is not unusual for me. Anyhow, my left arm found a void under the snow and found the restof the limbs instead. When I cartwheeled over, my hand got stuck. The damage - double compound fracture. I knew it instantly, even before I stopped tumbling.

So, 7 hrs later I finally got on the surgery table and they reset the arm and installed 2 pins. So, if anyone wonders why emails are a little slower a shorter, I am down to one hand for typing!

Sucks, but thats life!

Jason

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Hope you get to feeling better soon and your recovery goes well.

3. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

Take care of your arm. I have a feeling that is going to be the only left arm you are going to get. I hope that your recovery goes well and take care of yourself.

LT.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    thatsa bummer... but as usual... where are the carniage pics!

hope you get better soon!

5. Duluth Diesel

Duluth Diesel Well-Known Member

Oh man ouch Jason! :eek: Sorry to hear that. I did that to my arm when I was a little kid, no fun man. And my sister just shattered her hand on Sunday and had to have pins put in.

Take it easy and heal up. Enjoy the pain meds.

-Chuck

6. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Active Member

That sucks Jason. I hope you figure out how to manage. Pins help out. I would rather have surgery to put it back together any day than have to deal with the recovery without them.

In 05 I broke my wrist on Sunday, had surgery for a screw on tuesday and flew to work on Wednesday for 2 weeks. That was interesting.

In 06 I crushed my ankle and had to have pins put in it. Broke on friday, Doc on Monday, Flew on Tuesday. had to wait 2 weeks for that surgery but the pins made it much easier. I got to have a removable cast with those in there.

I had never broken anything other than a finger until I started racing motorcycles..... guess that is what I get.

7. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I hope your doing ok, I broke my wrist and tore my thumb off in a big truck wreck in 2002. After 6 surgeries and a steel plate in my wrist, in a new cast every 2 weeks I'm doing ok, can't bend my wrist but I can use my thumb and hand so I'm getting by, I forgot to say I am right handed so guess which wrist I broke, (right of course). Hope you recover fast, keep the faith bro. Hankwaytogo

8. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    That sucks! I'm a snowboarder myself, only 1 cracked rib and 1 slight concussion in 15 years so your probably good for a while! Get well and get back on that board. :doah:

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    umm... hope you get better soon, cus i need to send you a PM... lol

10. truckindad

truckindad Member

One handed typing

I guess you will bring a new meaning to one handed typing... Hope you get well soon...