NV271 Transfer Case

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by AZcowboy2006, Nov 8, 2008.

1. AZcowboy2006

AZcowboy2006 Well-Known Member

How are you all doing? Hope all is good, I need some help. Do any of you know if their's any after market/billet transfer case parts? For the NV271 Dodge Transfer Case. I broke mine today at the drag strip and figured if I'm tearing mine apart I might as well put better parts in it. Looking for a billet input and stronger chain.

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  2. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge. I have never heard of anyone blowing up their transfercase before on the Dodge. Are you running an automatic tranny?

LT.

3. AZcowboy2006

AZcowboy2006 Well-Known Member

Yes its an auto.From what I here and have seen its pretty common to break a transfer case at these HP levels.

4. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

I would think that with the auto tranny that it would help absorb some of that shock load and not put soo much stress on the transfercase. But, your rig does sound like an awesome machine. I am unaware of any aftermarket fixes for your T-case. However, there are a number of other T-cases that would be able to handle your abuse better. Atlas, Stak, NP-205 and the like. All of these are gear driven T-cases that should be able to handle your demands better than your stock one.

LT.