Pic from SnoFest06 Red Lodge, MT

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by MNorby, Mar 5, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:
    Here is a pic of me racing last Saturday. When I hooked up I was a serious challenge to beat, when I didn't hook up I only need another 100 feet of track to run down my opponent. I didn't place in the top 2 so not sure how I did but had to be in the top 10 in the Mod 800 class out of the 40 or so sleds racing that class.
    [​IMG]

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks good. I was snowmobiling yesterday (saturday) with my dad and two other guys. My dad caught a big rock under the trail at 60mph and flipped the sled over and it tumbled with his foot caught in the foot rests. The crash shattered his knee and cut up his face. He is in the hospital and had surgery on his knee earlier today. They successfully put all the pieces of his knee back together.
    Doctors say it will take him a full year to recover.

We are done with snowmobiling for this season.

3. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ouch, sorry to hear that man. I have heard of people getting their feet caught in the running bards and getting hurt. Last year we were screaming out of Daisy in Coke on the trail and the guy in front of me his ski bolt fell out and lost his ski going around 60-70mph. AllI saw was the machine doing multiple flips and a big cloud of snow. Hurt his knee but ultimately walked away from it.