pics of the home we're buying, for those interested...

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Po' riggity, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Po' riggity

Po' riggity Well-Known Member

Home inspection was today, inspector didnt find anything that we weren't really already aware of, and it seems that the owners are already fixing a lot of the issues that were on the last inspection from when it was in escrow before... Anyway, on to the pics:
    Here's what you see as you walk in the front door:
    [​IMG]

Dining area:
    [​IMG]

Kitchen:
    [​IMG]
    Hallway to one bathroom and two of the bedrooms:
    [​IMG]
    Right side bedroom:
    [​IMG]
    Bathroom #1
    [​IMG]
    Left side bedroom:
    [​IMG]
    "family room", downstairs
    [​IMG]
    For some reason the master bedroom pictures got deleted, but thats most of it. Escrow papers came in the mail today, looks like it'll be a done deal soon.... :eek:
    Scott

2. SUB ZERO

SUB ZERO Member

Media:
    Congrats waytogo on the purchase. I really like the fireplace and the wood covered walls.

BTW, is that caution tape on the sliding glass door?

3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    oops must have missed this thread. Congrats!! I wish I could afford a house here in So-Cal! :doah: Maybe once I get to Colorado...Ahhh that will be nice... Looks likea nice place youve got there. It has a very warm feeling just looking at it. I like!!! waytogo

4. bdfhemi

bdfhemi Member

Right on! Is this your fist home purchase?

5. Po' riggity

Po' riggity Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

This is my first home purchase. The wood paneling on the walls is nice, IMHO, but the fiancee doesnt really care for it, so it might go eventually.. she's the boss you know! :D As far as the sliding door with yellow tape, that is there because the deck is in process of getting repaired, and its not safe to walk on at the moment. As far as affording a house in CA, you just need to look in the right places.. its still spendy, but we are in escrow for 245k, which is cheap compared to the other houses we looked at with the same amount of space. its not new by any means, it was built in 1984, but I just fell in love with it when I saw it, and while its going to need some work (repainting, etc) I just LOVE it. BTW, all the furniture comes with it. Some we'll keep, but the rest is going in a yard sale to help make the mortgage payment! :eek:
    Scott

6. yellowxj

yellowxj Active Member

congrat's on the house...gives you that..."oh cr@p I wont be able to afford extra stuff for the truck feeling" when you sign the papers...but somehow there is always money the wife doesnt find... ;)

7. bdfhemi

bdfhemi Member

84, its not that old, mine was built in 80. The best AND worst part is loving the house. Love always makes you blind to some things that need to be looked at close. Not trying to be a downer, just sharing experiance.
    anyway, best of luck waytogo