Polaris Scrambler or Sportsman 800?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by RJF's Red Cummins, Mar 12, 2005.

1. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Anyone ridden/own the new 800 Polaris Sportsman or 500 HO Scrambler? How do you like it? I was looking at them today and the 800 sounds great with the dual exhaust but I like the handling and weight transfer of smaller ATV's. I really like the Scrambler, it's not to "racey" and is still equipped with reverse, electric start, and most importantly, 4wd and still retain some "sportyness."

How smooth are the Scramblers? During the summer months I use my ATV everyday to work since I'm a farmer and spend a few hours each morning buzzing from one ranch to the other to check irrigation. I currently have a Kawaski Lakota 300 2wd and I like it alot but I have to be carefull where I go from the lack of 4wd and I encounter a fair amount of mud, water, and greasy levies I have to climb to get to pipes and boxes.

The Scrambler appeals to me since it looks like it's setup well enough to be compfortable on at a few hours at a time while I use it for work, but also just aggressive enough that I could take it to the Sand Dunes or what not.

Let me know what you guys think of the new 800 and Scrambler. :popcorn:

2. Tim

Tim Guest

The good Scrambler was the 400, which they don't make anymore.

Get the Sportsman 800. Any hi-po type ATV with a 4 stroke engine is a complete joke in my opinion.

3. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    I love the 4 stroke in my Lakota. No oil to add, no smoke, and most importantly it's tiny little gas tank lasts a week or so with my spending hours on it every morning. A 2 stroke is out of the question unless I found a really clean used Scrambler for cheap. I'll leave the 2 strokes in our snowmobiles, they actually need them.

4. Tim

Tim Guest

Then get the Sportsman 800 and stop asking already.

Just be prepared for a four wheeler that is as heavy as a Jeep. rotfl

5. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Thats why I'm more leaning towards the Scrambler. I like an ATV that I can throw around a little and doesn't weigh 700 lbs.

6. RamJetGMC

RamJetGMC Active Member

i have the Sportsman 500 HO and i like it just fine i have never been in a loss for power and the price right

7. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Thats why I think the Scrambler would be pretty fast. The same 500HO and 100 less pounds. We have a Polaris 400 2 stroke Xplorer and it doesn't have enough power, but neigther does my Dad's brand new Yamaha Grizzly 660, I hate Yamahas, they're gutless.