Prodigy problem, owners help me out here...

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Sled_Dog, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Sled_Dog

Sled_Dog Member

I put a Prodigy brake controller on my tow rig a few weeks ago. Since I insatlled it, the darn thing has flashed constantly. When I look at the instructions they say it means "mounted at too high of an angle". But its not even at 30*, and when I lay it flat, it doesn't stop. The upper 2 bars are flashing whenever the brakes aren't applied(and the unit is active). It worked fine when I towed my rig out here to school, but I have to wonder if it didn't work properly. It seemed very slow to react and adjust(would apply heavy braking for a few seconds before actually adjusting, was pretty annoying).

2. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Did you find anything out about the unit? Good bad or indifferent. I spoke to the salesman that I got mine from and presented your problem as my own. He said it is rare to find that error at all, due to the design of the unit. Mine is mounted at over 40* and I haven't had a problem with it. The salesman of course suggested I bring it in and they would return it and get me another.

3. CoastalDav

CoastalDav Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My Prodigy works fine. I've had it now, since it came out. I would do as suggested and take it back.

Are you hooked up into the factory harness or did you wire it in yourself?

Dave

4. Sled_Dog

Sled_Dog Member

it was a wire myself situation. It was in a 97 with no provision for factory harness setup. It did work pretty well.

I am going to hook it up in my Dad's truck tonight, which is an 04 2500HD with teh factory harness, so we will see how it works in there. If the problem still exists I will have to find the paperwork and talk to someone.