Remote trans cooler installed.

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Woods, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I installed a remote trans cooler for my truck. Being I just spent some serious $$ on a trans rebuild for my dodge, It lasted up to 175K miles. I decided to try and make this one last a bit longer. It ended up tucked up in the front bumper. Its a permacool 10x12 cooler with a 10" fan that moves 1300cfm of air. I have it controlled by a switch/relay on the dash. Doesn't affect the temp just running down the road (125 degrees), but it runs almost 30 degrees cooler in stop and go traffic. The unit, fittings and hose cost me just under $200.

WOODS

2. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Post pics of the cooler.

3. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

My digital camera bit the dust, I'll try to get a installed pic this weekend from a buddys camera. But for now, here's the link where I purchased it: http://www.jegs.com/p/Perma-Cool/747381/10002/-1/10535 Towing the camper this weekend, so I will see how well it works under a load.

4. wildcatkit52

wildcatkit52 Member

...Been five months and a nice warm summer.

Any updates on how it is working for you?:confused:

5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Its working very good, glad I went through the hastle. Mid july pulling the camper to Table Rock Lake (branson area) with temps in the mid 90's and 25-30mph head wind, the trans temps were just a hair under 150 and steady. In the past they would have been 165 and slowly climbing. In stop and go traffic, the temps don't come up as fast and drop even faster once you get moving, verses not having the cooler. Running empty the trans temps are just under 125 when the temps are in the low 90's outisde. Money well spent and very happy with it. waytogo

*Probe in on the hotline line, right out of the trans.

6. DOUG

DOUG Member

Did you ever get a chance to take pics?

7. bear1

bear1 Member

Where did you get it?