Shipping Wars on A&E

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by CK5, Feb 18, 2012.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
  2. RVTrans31

RVTrans31 New Member

Fabricated BS, Uship is a joke and doesnt work like they portray it

3. surprise

surprise Member

Agreed.
    The gross profit per load just isn't really there. And the profit they show is gross, not net. Gotta subtract truck payments, insurance, depreciation, maintenance, and a dozen other things. Not just fuel and motel and permits / fines, which is all the show subtracts.
    You must figure out your true cost per mile, including every smallest detail, before you can sit down and calculate a bid. And you need to bid on a return load at the same time as you bid on your outbound load. No way to stay in the game if you're not always earning.
    Getting started you gotta work cheap, working barely above cost. If you figure $9 per hour until you build a reputation, then averaging 60 MPH you need $0.15 / mi.
    You can't be paying yourself any better than that at first. If so, you won't under-bid those who have good reputations, and won't be hauling much.
    Really difficult to get ahead without a co-driver, since you can only drive so much. And that'll help you get loads, but isn't really double profit, even if it's a spouse who also has a CDL. If it's not your spouse, then your effective personal profit is basically no better than being solo with a good reputation.

4. davidCollinss

davidCollinss New Member

I never trust blindly on any load board until and unless I test it. There are many top movers like above one you mentioned, just portrays their image as like they are on seventh sky but it is not true at all. I had personal experiences with some of load boards so explaining this a lot.