Smarty Sale

Discussion in 'Supporting Vendors' started by Diesel Nut, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ok, so I have a bunch of Smarty Tuners left from the Extreme Diesel Showdown. I have decided the best way to get them off my hands would be to make you, the members, a GREAT deal on them. Pricing is fixed, however, I will offer Forum members free overnight shipping to the lower 48. Hawaii and Alaska members will need to kick in a very small amount to cover the extremely inflated shipping charges, but I promise to be fair.

This is your chance to get about the best possible deal on a Brand New Smarty anywhere! No authorized Smarty Dealer can beat this deal!

Who wants a Smarty??waytogo

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    I really like mine! If you want to keep the factory warrenty etc. this is a great way to go, not to mention the POWER!

3. Diesel Nut

Media:
    I guess I should add this for those of you that don't know what a Smarty is -

CR Smarty (03-07) -

1) Ten different -CaTCHER- performance softwares for each truck.
    2) Smarty leaves NO trace at all of itself once the ECM is set back to stock.
    3) ABS / Speedo recalibration in steps of one tenth of an inch.
    4) Code reader, codes are displayed as Pxxxx and in plain English.
    5) Fastest download, up to three times faster than the competition.
    6) Build in USB port for internet updates.

1) The horsepower settings. Just like the VP Smarty does, except #0, all other softwares have a modified "Torque management" ( TQM ). The throttle response is greatly improved but is set to a save limit. With "Save" I mean save for your tranny and rest of the driveline.

SW # 0 : Half power SW # 1 : 30 Hp increase, with added timing.
    SW # 2 : 60 Hp increase, no added timing.
    SW # 3 : 60 Hp increase, with added timing.
    SW # 4 : 90 Hp increase, no added timing.
    SW # 5 : 90 Hp increase, with added timing.
    SW # 6 : 130 Hp increase, no added timing.
    SW # 7 : 130 Hp increase, with added timing.
    SW # 8 : 170 Hp increase, no added timing.***
    SW # 9 : 170 Hp increase, with added timing.***

*** 170 Hp Only for the 04.5's and up. SW's # 8 & #9 for the 03-04 trucks are similar to #6 and #7 but have more fuel down low and even less TQM.

Tested on stock trucks on a Mustang Dyno.

Stock means just that. Stock! Even the air filters were stock... I'd like to point out that the 03 produced 130 Hp more @ 30 Psi of boost while the 04.5 produced 170 Hp more @ 40! Psi.

The trucks were S T O C K, even the wastegate settings! We checked the "baseline" ( the stock truck Hp at the rear wheels ) twice in a day in order to be sure about our findings. The above declared HP numbers are all rounded down to the closest number. For example the 90 Hp file actually did 96 Hp. That's a 90 Hp software for me, not a 100. The 170 Hp was 174.

One thing to notice. The power gains with the 03's-04's would be actually higher if we started from a 235 Hp engine. In poor words, an 03 California truck would end up with the same rear wheel Hp the 03 6Sp produced. I've used the same settings for the California AT truck that I used in the 03 6Sp. For the 03 235Hp/460TQ engine the power gain is above 200 Hp.

2) No trace is left in the ECM! I herby CLAIM that SmartyCR is the FIRST AND ONLY downloader that does not erase any of the stored data in the ECM. Smarty does NOT leave any electronic footprints in the ECM or any other electronic module in the truck. Smarty does NOT set ANY codes once the ECM is set back to stock. Smarty does NOT need to have fuses pulled.

No matter what the competition claims , in one way or another they're ALL detectable. Smarty is NOT!

Yet, Smarty can not do one thing for you. Fix what others have broken. Smarty can not restore a key on counter that another downloader has erased . Smarty can not fix VIN# troubles caused by other products. If your Check engine / ABS light is on because another product has screwed your ECM, Smarty can not fix it, the other guy HAS to...

3) ABS / Speedo recalibration. The tire height can be adjusted up to 44" in increments of 10 tenth of an inch in just a couple seconds. Of course, Smarty needs to be VIN# locked to the truck in order to get into the ABS adjustment section.

4) DTC Code reader. The name says it all. You can read and erase codes. Codes are displayed also in plain English. That's old news by now. The VP Smarty was the first one to provide that utility, others found the idea to be a good one too.
    ( Smarty does erase ABS codes too but does not display them )

5) ECM update speed. Faster than anything else on the market! Again we've done our homework on the protocol. Depending upon the year of the truck ( Then newer the truck than longer the software thus the update time ) from about 3 minutes to about 5 and a half. Three times faster than a DRB or competitor.

Also on the CR we have developed our own bootloader in order to not have to pull fuses should an update become interrupted for any reason. All you have to do is to turn the key off / key on Smarty does everything else on it's own.

6) Updates. If you have followed the Smarty for the VP trucks, then you've noticed that we have release several updates for it in a relatively short time. Well, you can expect the same to happen for the CR. The CaTCHER softwares as they are today are only a starting point.

VP44 Smarty (98.5-02) -

- CaTCHER software's inside.
    - Ten different performance levels.
    - Fastest download in the industry, a typical ECM update takes just two minutes.
    - ABS tire height updates in just seconds.
    - Not traceable by the Dealer in the stock setting. Smarty leaves no footprint.
    - Cold weather 3 Cylinder High Idle is enabled in all softwares.
    - Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes in plain text.
    - No tools required, no fuses to pull.
    - USB built in for simple updates.
    - Most complete keyboard in the industry.
    - Reliable, it works off your OEM ECM hardware.
    Fast guide to Smarty's softwares

Smarty’s Software Levels 0 – 9

SW# 0 : Half power . SW# 1 : Fuel Saver SW# 2 : Only more fuel and Boost fooling SW# 3 : Like # 2 + added timing SW# 4 : “Soft” CaTCHER no added timing SW# 5 : Like # 4 + added Timing SW# 6 : Mild CaTCHER no added timing SW# 7 : Like # 6 + added Timing SW# 8 : CaTCHER no added timing SW # 9 : CaTCHER with Timing

Software number Zero, About half the power of a stock software. Use it whenever reduced power is desired or when you have to make sure that NO SMOKE is produced.

Software number One, The Fuel Saver software. Mpg gains vary, in most cases a + 2Mpg has been reported. Please notice that the timing in this software is rather aggressive. HEAVY TOWING is not recommended with this software.

Software number Two, This software increases the fuel delivered by the ECM and does the boost fooling.

Software number :Three, Same as software # 2 but timing has been added.

CaTCHER softwares from number : Four to number Nine, The even numbered softwares are identical to the odd numbered ones, except for the timing. The softwares without added timing are intended for use with timing adding boxes.

The power gain at top Rpm with these softwares is almost identical. These softwares differ greatly in HOW they get there. Than higher the software number then more aggressive the throttle response from idle speed up. Aggressive to the point that the softwares Eight and Nine can become difficult to handle on slippery roads. Please be very careful when you use these softwares for the first time! It takes some time to learn how to handle them.

4. powershooter

powershooter Well-Known Member

Media:
    smarty

so how about a price , if you dont want to post it you can pm me

5. Diesel Nut

Media:
    The Smarty is only for 24v and CR Cummins trucks.

I would prefer to keep pricing in PM, even though these are at the retail price. Smarty's are fixed pricing.

6. powershooter

powershooter Well-Known Member

Media:
    is there plans for a ford version

7. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Not that I am aware of, but who knows. If there is a demand, you never know what could happen. I will pass your request on along and see what comes of it.

8. Diesel Nut

Media:
    No plans for a Ford tuner in the near future. However, there will be a tune released for the 6.7L Cummins eventually, and it will use the existing Smarty CR platform. So, if you step up to a 6.7L in the next year or so, save your Smarty, it may prove to be you next best friend yet again!waytogo

9. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Just a little update -

Smarty Tuners are NOT sold on EBay by Authorized Dealers. These dealers buy the Smarty tuners from another dealer that wholesales and are not Authorized by Mads Electronics as dealers. There is still a warranty on the product, however, products purchased through unauthorized dealers will have to be sent to Italy for repair, not repaired in the US.
    Also, pricing is fixed by Mads Electronics. This is why I am offering the Free Overnight Shipping. If you find anyone selling a NEW Smarty tuner for less than retail, they are not an Authorized dealer. A list of distributors can be found here.