so I go to till the garden...

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by gravdigr, Jun 1, 2005.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Actually it's my mother in laws garden. Anyway I nicknamed our tiller iron mike (front tine) because after 90 mins of tilling you feel like you went 10 rounds with Tyson. My pop in law and his friend got the tiller out last night to get it ready for me. It seems eery year the damn thing gives me trouble. Last year I had to replace the points/condenser and sand the flywheel and magneto. Well yesterday I hear them fire it up, then it makes this horrible squeal and they shut it off. Total run time, 15 seconds. This morning he tells me 'it fired right up and is ready to run'. Umm, no. That horrible squeal meant something. He tells me it was the belt settling in. After dinking around with the non running tiller for an hour and a half it turns out the shear pin for the flywheel was sheared throwing it out of time. Almost 2 hours downtime for a $.20 part. This is the story of my life :doah:

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Just lock your truck into 4wd and giver her hell in the garden, pretend it's a mini mud bog. :doah: