There must be a butt load of cattle in Texas!

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by CK5, Apr 11, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Every truck I look at from Texas has a cattle guard, is there really a problem with hitting cattle out there or is the big brush guards just a fad? :popcorn:

2. PermanentMarker

PermanentMarker TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    I'm putting my money on lots of cows and perhaps a lot of testosterone.

My buddy was in Texas a couple months ago and said that 80% of vehicles are pickups down there. I would imagine that a higher percentage of them actually get used for more than simply burning mass quantities of fuel, like pickups than out here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Not to worry, surely the internal combustion engine will soon be outlawed here. :rolleyes:

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Down there they have real people, not like it is here in California with all the liberals running around needing a fix of hugging a tree. Back there they have good, all American Ranchers and Farmers that work hard.

4. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne Active Member

Media:
    rotfl

Yes, there are alot of cows in Texas...But the "ranch-hand" bumpers(cow pushers) are mostly to protect the truck at the local gas station...When mama cow gets behind the wheel. ;)

I would say that 95% of all heavy duty trucks in Tx are work trucks of some sort. Oil/Gas,Farm/Ranch,Construction/Trade...and RV/recreation use.
    The other 5% are used to haul kids/food or to simply boost a small ego :rolleyes:

Yes,I have hit a cow....at night. :eek: (not the driving kind). I had to jack my truck up to get the 800lb.+ pile o' moo out from under my rear bumper. (too fast)
    No...I dont like those 'bumpers' you speak of. But I can see where they have there place here

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    That is how they go out 'cow tipping' in Texas, they use their trucks rotfl
    In Cali to 'tip' a cow you need at least 3guys... :D

Why is it that almost ALL the trailer makers are in Texas too?

I have never been there, someday I would like to visit. I had a job offer years ago to go work for Dell outside of Austin...oppps I'm starting to ramble...too much coffee....