Thinking of going into work for myself again

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by rocknbronco, Mar 26, 2007.

1. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Well I like my new job but I will be honest they have the pay roll decutions set up where its hard for your learning curve esspecially if you have a helper who messes up your load. So I was sitting in a bar when a friend of mines comes up and we start to chit chat about whats going on in life and I tell him I am thinking about buying a truck and hauling used cars i.e. hot shotting. Well then he tells me get my truck and hell hook me up with some of his own loads and some of his buddys whom also wheel and deal in cars so now I am thinking it might be time to stop and take stock and see if I have what it takes I have already tried to have a performance shop but chose a bad partner I am wondering if I should make the shot or not I know it will be coslty as all get out to get set up with tags,numbers,trailer and not to mention a new to me truck.Yeah you Cummins guy might be shocked I am looking at a Dodge 3500 6 Spd 4x4 dually with an extended cab and long bed-if they offer the long bed on that set up I am not up to snuff as I should be on Dodge trucks cause I like Fords but no way am I going to get a 6.0 or 6.4 and even my brothers 7.3 is going thru issues from time to time on simple stuff like oil lines and a cam position sensor odd idiot light crap and its been taken care of and has about 65K on it I would say of course I will not leave him out of the equasion as part of its issues.

2. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
  3. rocknbronco

Thanks for the link nice Dodge on the home page.

4. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

my moto: dont think, just do. you can think about this a still work where you are or you can just dive in and try it out...

5. rocknbronco

Yeah I hear that but my wife is not for that plan at all last time I did that it left me with a bit of debt from my shop.

6. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

If you stay in Tn. it won't cost too much for the permits and stuff. If you go interstate will cost 2-3 times as much. Insurance is twice as much too. Do your homework on all that.

Put your wife at the top as the owner, easier to get loans and stuff if you're minority owned.

7. rocknbronco

Yeah that would be a smart thing to do but I think I'm going to keep it simple for a while and work for other instead of for myself.