Those of you towing to Blazer bash..

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by stallion85, Sep 23, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Steve wants some one to post so here goes :popcorn:

Who all here is towing the rigs to Blazer bash?

With current gas prices I was thinking I will have to spend about $350 (tow rig and K5) in gas there and back!! Total trip estimated expenditures upwards of $600!!

Yikes, then the week after that I am going Elk hunting=more freaking gas money :eek:

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd like to tow there and back but I STILL don't have my 'neck ready nor have I got a B&M gooseneck hitch bought and installed yet.... :doah:

To far for me with the little trailer, would cost to much for me right now for a trip that far, and am far too busy harvesting our rice in October to make it anyway. Besides, I'm headed to West Yellowstone National Park in Janruary for a big snowmobile trip. With the price of fuel, only one long trip a year and the sleds definantly win.... :pimp:

3. willyswanter

willyswanter Well-Known Member

Media:
    I am!

It's going to be expensive but I've been working 13 hours a day and the over time and double time is easing the diesel price burden :rolleyes:

Anyway, my dodge/trailer/chevy are pretty much ready to go, just need to load them up. Only have one more day off though :eek:

4. stallion85

Media:
    My wife just got a job after more than 3 years off with the kids. This extra income will help ease some of the pain. I am just so cheap sometimes, but when it comes to my K5 or wheeling I seem to chalk it up and try not to think about all the dough I am spending :doah:

5. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    I think I may go ahead and tow the K5 this year.

6. willyswanter

Media:
    Really? Damn, I was hoping you would drive it... :eek: :D

So whats the legality of driving our truggy thingies on the street in moab? I don't really want to trailer to the trail head each day but I know stephen was last year. I drove mine last year but it was more truck like...

7. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:
    When I went down to EJS 05 it cost $300 in fuel in the tow rig alone and we were complaining about $2.45 fuel and savoring the $2.19 fuel. :rolleyes:

8. stallion85

Media:
    Where did you drive from??

9. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Weren't you there the year I tried it? Everyone said, "Don't bring that trailer, just drive, it will be fine..." "Everyone does it in Moab, don't be a wuss."

Well, I drove, and out of a caravan of about 20 vehicles, they culled me out of the middle. It was actually a misunderstanding that I won't go into now... :rolleyes: and it might otherwise have gone without incident, but I very nearly got my truggy impounded and ruined the week end on the very first day... I was advised in no uncertain terms that if it was seen on the street again, I would not like the outcome. Thing is, as long as you don't attract attention, you might be fine if the cops aren't having a bad day, or if someone didn't screw up last week end and piss them off. But if ANYTHING goes wrong, even if, as in my case, you did NOTHING to call atention to yourself and NOTHING wrong, if they look twice at you for some unforseen reason, you are TOTALLY at their mercy...

Have fun guys, looks like I'm going to miss again this year. The truggy is ready but untested and I've got "other" things to deal with right now. Think of me while you're out playing!

10. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Um...yeah.... rotfl

11. willyswanter

Media:

Hmm, was that 02 or 03? I can't remember... I had to have been there but I can barely remember last year :confused: :doah:

12. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:

Powell Wyoming, near Cody and yellowstone and 30 miles south of montana line.