Tire Covers....

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Seventy4Blazer, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i dont know why this has not been covered yet, but i know MOST trailers out there are not moved on a dialy basis. what do you use to cover your tires?

Grant

2. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

I use dirt, road grime, and dog whizz....

prolly should keep something on the tires on the boat if I was smart, but I've yet to be accused of that. on the car hauler it just doesn't make sense for me to cover them... even if I don't use it everyday, I almost always have to move the thing outta the way to get through the gate.

most of them are made out of cheap vinyl or pvc. I've got an old army tent I've thought about making covers for the boat trailer tires though...seems like they'd be more durable and stand up to the wind/sun around here.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    well... i got a 4 foot wide, 50 yard long roll of black pleather... was thinking of using that for tire covers.... i can get it sewn up for free, so its not a big deal. i have enough to do all 6 tires on the trailer and the 42's on the blazer... i guess im just dumb and have not done it.....

just currious what others are using.
    Grant

4. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I just bought a ton of tire covers from a place that specializes in BBQ covers called http://www.mels-bbq-covers.com/. I bought 4 for the car hauler plus one with elastic for the spare on it, 2 for the boat trailer, 4 for my tow rig that doesn't move for weeks at a time sometimes, and 4 for my offroad truck (42" tires on that thing). Total cost was about $250 for all 15 covers, not too bad considering the quantity and the quality was pretty good.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    going to have to look into that one i think... not bad prices at all.
    Grant

6. rdean

rdean Member

Read about it and read about. Just never got around to covering them.