Tire pressure for Toyo's?

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by barbastard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. barbastard

barbastard Well-Known Member

Installed the Lorenz leveling kit (but I didn’t get the min leaf pack or dual purpose leafs for the rear) on my dodge this past weekend and also installed some H2’s and 35x12.x17 Toyo open country MT’s load range “E”. I LOVE the way the truck rides and looks now. But…got a question on tire pressure. What are you guys running for these tires or for load “E” in general? Currently I’m at 50 in the front and 40 for the rear. Sound good?

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I found 50psi all the way around works for me. I have towed heavy, and upd the rears to the max cold psi.

3. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

I have seen folks get a piece of chalk and draw a line across the tread blocks and then drive on the tire for a few revolutions. You will need to look at where the chalk is still on the tire. If the chalk is still on the outside of the tire then you are over inflated. If the chalk is still on the middle of the tire then you are under inflated. Problem is that your tire pressures will change between loaded, unloaded and when they are hot and cold. Also, you will not have to run so much pressure in the tires like you did with the stockers. You have more volume and a wider foot print. Meaning that you are placing less pounds per square inch as opposed to your stock tires. Case in point, I had replaced my stock 235/80/17's with a 315/70/17's on my dually. Now, I used to run the max 80 psi in the fronts and 60-65 psi in the rears. Now I run the max of 50 psi in the fronts and only 25-30psi in the rears unloaded. Due to having more than twice the rubber on the road then stock.

LT.

4. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    55 front and 40 rear when empty. Bump up the rears when towing.