tire wear/psi

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by SoCal98TwelveValveAuto4x4, Jul 14, 2005.

1. SoCal98TwelveValveAuto4x4

SoCal98TwelveValveAuto4x4 Well-Known Member

have 98 ram 4x4 ctd...ran several diff tires on it in a couple years. i ran some 315/75s on the stock 6.5" wide rims and ran my street pressure low cuz i figured it would help with the wearing out in the center - didn't seem to help, and i've hear that if you run psi too low, the tread squirms and wears faster. now i have 8" wide wheels, still a little narrow, but i don't wanna lose beads aired down....so i'm thinking i should try running higher street pressures...whatcha all think? thx david

2. DWitcher

DWitcher Well-Known Member

How low were you running them before and what are they at now on the new wheels? I believe the weight on these trucks is 70/30 bias to the front which is alot on those front tires.

3. SoCal98TwelveValveAuto4x4

70/30? seems like 99/1, haha! well i stirred the pot over at pirate, prolly should get smacked fer bein rude, but i don't like it when people hand down info like yer a newb without really payin attention to what yer sayin.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375315

usta run 'em somewhere around 30-40 in the front and 15-25 in the back. haven't got new tires, yet, baby killed the bank account, and insurance came due at same time :doah: i'm gonna try runnin these last miles on these nittos at 50 (max) front and 35-40 rear, and check the door sticker too...

4. DWitcher

DWitcher Well-Known Member

What does the wear pettern on the Nittos look like right now?

5. SoCal98TwelveValveAuto4x4

think i have pix in my dodge folder in my album