Tow Rig Tires

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by polarbear2006, Feb 21, 2006.

1. polarbear2006

polarbear2006 New Member

I have a 2002 F250 7.3 Power Stroke with the BanksStinger Plus System. I pull a 37 foot toy hauler and my tire size is LT315/75R16. My question is this; What is a the very best in choice of tires for my tow rig? I'm looking to a load range "E" if at all possible. Any recommendations?

2. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

What kind of driving/terrain? Ice, snow, rain, sand? I run the Peerless Force 4's on the dually... a buddy of mine got me started on them with his takeoffs from his tow truck. When he quit working, I just started buying them new. They last forever but suck when unloaded in the slippery stuff. Loaded they do just fine. They aren't the best looking, but they've served their purpose.

3. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

You will be hard pressed to find a off road tire with an E load rating or I may have been looking in the wrong spots of course.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    315's don't have the best selection of E rated tires. Unfortunately, when you move away from the 265 size, weight ratings start dropping for the most part.

One thing you could look at when you are searching for tires is consider D rated tires, look at their actuall lbs rating, you might find that some of the larger D rated tires actually have the same pound rating as smaller stock E rated tires.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I plan to get these:
    BFG Commercial T/A Traction
    E rated
    [​IMG]

6. rocknbronco

Whats the size on those and are the for duallys?

7. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

I used to work for a tire store named Les Schwab. Ever heard of them? They sell mainly a brand named Toyo. Toyo has an awsome line of light truck tires. You can choose from the Open Country M/T, A/T, or H/T. I can gaurentee you will be pleased with any of these tires. I am also pretty sure they are all available in your size in an "E" rating. The Toyo A/T has been one of the smoothest running tires I have ever ran (I also have 315s).

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    hey schwabbie!!! i miss Schwabs. good tires at good prices.

if you want a 315 then you are going to have to look at the E rated PJ Dirt Grips, and the NITTO mud grapplers. they come in a 315 that is E-rated. they are also on national back order or were last month, and have a load rating higher than most 265's. the larger the footprint NORMALY the higher the weight rating. for instance, the 315-70-17's D's that were on my dodge were rated for the same 3195lbs per tire as my 265-70-17 as an E rated tire....

but they were too squishy to tow my GN around.
    Grant

9. rocknbronco

Maxxis doesnt offer a E tire do they?

10. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:
    Maxxis Bighorn in the 315 had a decent weight rating but i can't remember what it was. It was better than their buckshot mudder.

11. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

Maxxis has a whole line of Industrial tires... the bighorn is the closest to an a/t tire though... the rest of their line is super long lasting fleet truck type stuff...