Toyo M55 tires any good?

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by wheelin66bronco, Jan 11, 2008.

1. wheelin66bronco

wheelin66bronco Well-Known Member

I searched and found nothing on this forum.
    I'm wanting a tire to last 50-60K and be good on and off road. The Toyo AT's have good traction but seem to fall off on life in my experience.
    I've heard the M55's are kinda loud, which is fine with me but how are they on ice and snow and do they actually last 60K like I've heard?

2. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

The Discount Tire guy told me the Michelin LTX M&S should with regular rotations last 70-80k.

(Update) I just read on the Michelin site two guys said they have over 100,000 miles on theirs and not at the wear bars yet. I think that's VERY impressive for an E load range tire that gets worked hard every day.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Member

The M55 are an awsome tire that has definatly stood the test of time. They will outlast the AT's butthe actual mileage depends on conditions. They are a little slick on the ice but great on the snow and like you stated a little extra road noise. It is one of the few tires we sold as actually holding up well on a diesel.

4. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

I ran a set on my '02 Ram 3/4 ton. They are great tires. Little heavy and a bit expensive but I would run another set.