Toyo Open Country M/T 's

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by FishingRig, Feb 25, 2008.

1. FishingRig

FishingRig Active Member

Anyone running these tires. All of the pretty trucks in the magizines have these on them. I was wondering how they work in real life. I dont put a lot of miles on my truck so I am looking at the aggressive tread tires.

2. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

From what I understand you will be quite suprised at how quiet they are. Some folks have told me that they are more quiet than some all terrains. I wanted to run a set on my rig but could not afford the $350.00 a piece that the shop wanted.

LT.

3. barbastard

barbastard Well-Known Member

I’ve got them on my rig now (just installed them a little over a week ago). So far I love them. They are definitely louder than the Toyo AT’s I took off but their traction is great. Just got back from the weekend in Tahoe where it DUMPED snow on us (about 2’) and the tires performed great. Awesome snow and ice traction and they clean out really well. My only concern at this point is tread life as it’s been my experience that mud tires that mostly see street use tend to wear out pretty fast. Other than that concern (which may end up being fine)…I’d go with these tires again in a heartbeat.

4. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I will be more than likely be purchasing these for my 2001 when it needs new tires. I think that they are one of the best offroad tires for diesel trucks.

As for treadwear, just keep them inflated properly and rotate them whenever you change your oil.