trailers near California

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by mbwagoner, Jun 26, 2005.

1. mbwagoner

mbwagoner Well-Known Member

Most of the trailer manufactures seem to be on the east coast, or Texas at the closest. Are there any on the West Coast. I'm looking for a gooseneck trailer, 26ft deck, no dovetail, deck over the wheels, 14k lbs capicity.

When we got our last one it got shipped out from Texas and we spent a good amount on the freight. If there are any manufactures out here I can save some money.

Or, is anybody selling something similiar?

Mike

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
  3. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Yup, even after delivery charges it's a great deal. If I could have found this trailer for even a few hundred more over what I'm paying I would have bought it.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I had to get mine from Texas, I got it thru a somewhat local trailer store in Sacramento. I would guess you should have a trailer store down there some were...maby SLO?? I looked for about a month for a used one then gave up and bought new...4weeks later I went and picked it up from the store.
    Good Luck

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    if you can change your mind on the no dove tail i know Rob, TheRobzilla (maybe only on coloradok5.com) is/was selling a 25 foot, 20 with 5 and a tripple axle setup. the price was VERY nice and it is well taken care of with new tires. he is in arizona. i bought my GN from Kaufman trailers and the price was NICE even delivered to oregon. im in cali now and if you would like to take a look at it in person im on camp pendleton.
    grant

6. mbwagoner

mbwagoner Well-Known Member

I'll have to look at Kaufman trailers. I saw Carson trailers in Shaggy's list and they look like they are built in Bakersfield. Need to look at them too. The reason for no dovetail is I'm just stacking pallets of stuff on it. I concidered a dovetail with a raisable middle section, but it's just not worth the cost when I don't plan on ever using it, and not having the deck to the very back might be an annoyance.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    dove tail with fold flat ramps and a pop up center. best of both worlds, BUT a little heavier....
    grant

8. Po' riggity

Po' riggity Well-Known Member

There is a big tex dealer down here in so cal, out in Beaumont.. Big Tex makes some kick ass trailers..
    Scott

9. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Correction - kick ass EXPENSIVE trailers. Not as pricey as Interstates, but still a pretty penny. Don't get me wrong, they're nice, but I think you pay a bit for the name too.