Turn signals...

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by CK5, Aug 4, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Are they an option now, because most cars/trucks don't seem to use them. :stir:

2. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I think it's just an evolutionary problem. See, humans no longer have enough hands what with needing to hold a cell phone with one, and work the steering wheel, climate controls, stereo, make-up, and take notes with the other. Please note that the primary focus is on the cell phone which gets a dedicated hand, those other secondary uses are relegated to the secondary or "off" hand "as resources are available"... :rolleyes:

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    most of the time i dont use them....

BUT if i am going to... not cut someone off but get closer than normal i use them.

if you cant see a 7200lbs loud ass rig slowly coming over one way or another... yeah....
    Grant

4. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    My pet peave is when I am sitting at a light waiting to either go straight or turn right and I sit there and wait for a car coming from the left to pass so I can go, then they turn right without a signal of course. Meaning I could have gone minutes ago if butt nuget would have used a signal, I degress. :doah:

5. MTMike

MTMike Well-Known Member

My father-in-law has been a truck driver for 37 years and is convinced that cars made after 1980 don't come equipped w/ turn signals.

6. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I almost always use mine when I have traffic around me, especially if I know someone else needs to know what direction I'm going. If I'm alone on the road (yeah right, this is California) I usually don't use them.

7. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Turn signals are habit for me, I use em wether other cars are there or not. I have used my turn signal on roads where the only choice is to turn 1 direction :doah:

I'd like to put a bullet in the head of every person I get behind that's yapping on a cell phone.

8. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    That's exactly right, it should not be a "lets see know, should I use my turn signal this time or not???" deal. Just use them all the time and everything will go smoother for everyone. What, are you guys afraid you'll wear out your blinker or something? Or is it just too much effort to lift your hands from, well, where ever it is you have them when you don't signal... ;) Can you tell this is also one of my pet peeves?

9. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hey now, that blinker fluid can be hard to come by, and i dont want to waste any when i dont have to.

10. stallion85

stallion85 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Blinkers on my tow rig, yes. On my K5 no, since they don't work after I put my steering column back together :eek:

11. Mr. Beer/Cummins

Mr. Beer/Cummins Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Only when someone is behind me. :D

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    yes, i agree to this. when i tow i ALWAYS use my blinker... i didnt pay an extra 40 dollars for side turn signals on the trailer to not use them.... rotfl

Grant

13. eightyone

eightyone Member

i use mine just out of habbit, ive been knwon to throw em on when im wheelin in the middle of the woods with no one around me.

14. MNorby

MNorby Well-Known Member

Media:
    its habit for me too. Even on some of our field and pen roads that have 90* turns that you can only go that way I'll even turn them on just cause I am making a turn.... then I realize it and turn it off and feel stupid.

15. MTMike

MTMike Well-Known Member

rotfl Just don't let that happen once you get married. You won't hear the end of it until the next day