Ultimate tow rig low mile gen 2 v3500 for sale

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs and Trailers for Sale' started by camsk5, Aug 31, 2005.

1. camsk5

camsk5 Member

1989 v 3500 Chevy 3plus 3 crew cab 4x4 Silverado, 54,000 original miles, completely rust free original truck
    This truck has been painstakingly and lovingly built… Could not be duplicated for $45,000.
    Every factory option available, d60,d70hd,th400/205,ps/pdl/tilt
    May be the cleanest original generation 2 left in existence

Engine -
    Zero mile custom built 454 TBI
    Balanced and blue printed, hypertectic pistons, stock compression ratio
    All high performance American parts, edelbrock, fel-pro, moroso, clev-lite, keith black, etc....
    Over 3K invested in the motor alone
    Stock air cleaner as well as K&N air charger
    New 4-core desert radiator ( I have a special order high dollar griffin aluminum radiator coming)

I have a clean 6.2 diesel sitting in Oregon to go with this truck if you want it. Built properly they can deliver mileage in the 20's with moderate power and reliability.

Transmission
    New professionally built performance transmission turbo 400, manual/automatic valve body, extreme duty shift kit, redline clutches, fully welded allison style torque converter, bearings instead of thrust washers, deep 5 quart aluminum pan, auxiliary spin-on transmission filter, 30,000 GVW transmission cooler, auxiliary fan in front of radiator,
    All the best tricks and technology were used building this ultimate puller transmission

Exhaust -
    Graywerks exhaust manifolds
    Full 3-inch mandrel bent performance exhaust system
    Performance cat
    Dynomax muffler

Electrical -
    Dual Optima batteries
    2-0 gauge custom battery cables
    250 Amp dual amp battery isolator
    Heavy duty high output alternator
    Auxiliary fuse panel separate from factory system
    Mallory 6al system
    Mallory Hi-Po coil, 8.5 mm wires with burn proof cover
    3 wire heated O2 sensor conversion

Brakes -
    New - Raybestos severe duty rotors, severe duty pads, all new seals and bearings, new fleet service drum brakes, off-road unlimited ultimate master cylinder (for future four wheel disc brake conversion), digital electronic trailer brake controller

Wheels and Tires
    Summer Tire Set (7)- Michelin LTX Radials on Eagle Spoked Alloys, approximately 8,000 miles
    Winter tire Set -(7) Mud and Snow traction radials on stock Chevy dually wheels (powder coated), tires have approximately 1,000 miles
    Suspension
    Full poly treatment, ORD full greasable shackle kit, poly bump stops, ORD steering brace, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, front factory sway bar, rear hellwig sway bar

Body
    Custom made push bar, all new tail lights, all new window seals/window motor, deep tinted windows, factory extended tow mirrors, hood louvers, stainless steel hood pins, aluminum underhood insulation, DeeZee running boards, cab markers, 10 inch rear drop bumper with class 4 frame mounted receiver and high intensity back up lights, 10,000lb tow hooks front and rear, 7-pin commercial trailer wiring all soldered, no quick connects, fully rhino lined bed, aluminum diamond plate tail protector and rail protectors, 12-volt outlet in bed, multiple high intensity interior cab lights, Grant steering wheel. Interior as been completely covered in three layers of dyna-mat extreme sound deadener, roof has aluminum bubble insulation and unique head liner

I have a cheap aluminum cap to go with the truck...it keeps stuff dry ... Also I have a full cross-bed aluminum toolbox.

Paint
    I would classify the paint on this truck to be in excellent condition. However, it is factory Chevrolet paint. There are several very minor shopping cart dings on the vehicle and one minor dent in the rear, (that has been pulled out)

I am the second owner of this nearly mint condition truck. It was purchased new in Chandler AZ at Chandler Chevrolet. The original owner was a 70 year old man and I purchased it with 36,000 original miles. It has never been off road or in 4 wheel drive. It has sat for most of its life and has always been garaged since I have owned it. I have numerous extra new and original parts for it. I have $20,000 recently invested in this truck, thousands in receipts. It passed California smog with zero emissions. This truck averages 10-11 miles to the gallon empty.

If you are a generation 2 truck collector, this is the vehicle for you. Any and all work has been professionally done. I never thought I would sell therefore all work or parts I put into the truck were either factory ac delco new or aftermarket of better than factory quality. The build has just been completed so most everything is brand new or fully remanufactured. I am sure I have forgotten a number of options and accessories… the list could go on forever. You can fly across the US and drive this vehicle anywhere without hesitation. I am selling it because I no longer have a need for a full size truck. I hope it goes to a ck5 enthusiast. Pictures are available on the ck5 site

$14,000.00

Please IM me with your phone number and I will return calls anywhere in the U.S.

cam

UPDATES... sorry guys I am still having difficuties getting pictures here for some reason..... the post wont load them.. they are standard JPG but it doesnt work and I have tried several times using the various ways to do it.... sorry... they are at ck5 in the rigs for sale column,,,
    While the truck is still for sale it will be removed from sale at some point in the future.. and that will be the point I build a custom body on it and keep it forever

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  2. camsk5

camsk5 Member

I have purchased a brand new truck because I fell into a deal I couldnt resist....

because of this I am now selling this truck to the best reasonable offer.... it was dropped to $10,500.00... and has 20 k in it.....

now its best reasonable offer....

sorry about pictures here folks..I tried to post them but the site wont allow same (ohhhh steve???)))... anyway they are posted at ck5 or please IM me with your email address and Ill send you some

carpe diem

cam

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Do you have any pics of the truck??

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff Member

5. camsk5

camsk5 Member

Jeff.... you get around... thanks for the assistance in the I.T. world and getting the pics over here

Merry XMAS... this isnt wal mart ...we can still say that can't we?

cam

6. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Pics dont work for me. Im a member of CK5 but still cant see them??:confused:

7. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Steve just upgraded the forum and now a whole bunch of bugs need to be worked out, including getting the photo gallery back on-line.

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff Member

click the last link. it is the actual ad on ck5 with the pictures. and the pics appear to work now.

cam is a good guy to deal with. i bought a blazer from him last year for just the axles and suspension stuff. he threw in a bunch of extra stuff just because. people like that i remember, and if there is anything i can ever do to repay the favor i will.

cam, Merry Christmas to you and yours. i bet you have already seen some snow. here it is 6 degrees this morning but no snow.

9. BIGTAN406

BIGTAN406 Member

Truck Still For Sale? Send Me Some Pics Please. Thanks

10. dr_amx

dr_amx Well-Known Member

Media:
    also not a member pics no worky I want to see this ultimate tow rig that has a gas motor????