used 2002 3500 D/A

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LB7)' started by ldl, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ldl

ldl Member

My son is looking at a 2002 Chev 3500 diesel flatbed for pulling 13,000 +/_ lb trailer combo. Asking price is $10,500.00. Any comments on price.

I am assuming it would have the Allison trans. but it doesn't say so in add.
    We are basically new to diesel pickups. Any thing in particular we need to look for when we go look at it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dewayne

2. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I would say find out all the stats on the truck and punch them into Kelly Blue Book. Look up the trade-in value for that vehicle in "fair" condition, since that is typically all a dealer will pay for the vehicle. If you know that number, you know how much they paid for it and therefore know how low you can go on the price while still getting a fair deal.

3. ldl

ldl Member

Thanks for the comeback.
    I think at this time he has backed off on this truck. Mt advice to him was to get a 2006 lbz instead. I know flatbeds are harder to find but I told him he could buy a regular bed truck and remove the bed and build his own body. He is an excellent welder and then he could build what he wants.

Later
    Dewayne