Value of '89 Suburban?

Discussion in 'GM Gas Engine Rigs' started by mn_powderhound, Sep 25, 2006.

1. mn_powderhound

mn_powderhound Member

hey guys, haven't posted in awhile and I've got a question. My '86 K20 is sitting dead in my shop. Got half the engine torn apart for what may be a simple problem...don't ask. Anyway, I may have the chance at an '89 Sub half ton with a rare 6.2 diesel that includes a Banks turbo. The Sub might have just over 100,000 miles, no rust, hardly a scratch, ding, dent, anywhere in the body and gets used only once a year to go hunting. What do you all think it's worth?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Member

Media:
    Depends on your local market . Look on autotrader and see what they are going for . In my neck of the woods , they go for as little as 2 grand to as much as 8 or 9 grand in good shape .

3. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    i had a 90 sub with the tbi 350 and it was in incredible shape and i sold it for 1000$ with 180K on it though so the most i would pay if i were you would be $2500 but look on KBB or edmunds.com and check to see the cost for yourself.

4. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    i did just check for you and for a/c and a few options the truck was only worth like 2000 for dealer retail and private party was 1400 so just a little help to point you in the right direction and it sounds like a good deal.