Waiting to start.

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by billygoatyj, Aug 5, 2005.

1. billygoatyj

billygoatyj Well-Known Member

Since I drive a diesel i wait for the "wait to start" and the "water if fuel" light to go out before I start the truck. I also find myself doing this when I get in something gas powered and then go :doah: I don't have to wait. So how many of you do this to.

2. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Umm...everytime I get in my g/fs car or the jeep :eek:

3. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    With EFI, it's a good idea anyway to let the fuel pressure build. So yeah, I generally wait in most anything just out of habit.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Yep, get in everything now and wait 3 seconds after turning the key. The funniest thing was when I saw my dad do it after getting into his burb, he had been driving his Dodge numerous days in a row. It was funny because I thought I was stupid for doing it.

5. stallion85

stallion85 Well-Known Member

Media:

Ha, I have caught myself doing this with my wifes new/used bonneville the past week rotfl Oh well :rolleyes:

6. MTMike

MTMike Well-Known Member

I always do it in EFI cars since long before I owned a diesel. I usually wait until I hear the fuel pump stop priming before cranking.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    my habit with ANY car is to get in, put key in and turn to "on" then put my Seatbelt on, get a smoke out, push the lighter in, and adjust the stereo. then sunglasses and start the ride. let it idle while i double check my mirrors for not only alingment, but to make sure of a clear parth. then i get going.

with the diesel i also bring it up to 1200 rpm for a couple seconds RIGHT after i start it.
    Grant