Well I Did It

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 7.3' started by siberian, Mar 16, 2009.

1. siberian

siberian Member

Just bought a 2002 F 350 CC 4X4 LB,SRW,7.3 Turbo. 101K on the clock, but only 65K on the motor. According to the dealer, the previous owner ran it without a filter element, and trashed the motor so they replaced it with one out of a wrecked truck. This truck has a clean Carfax.
    This is my first diesel truck, so what do I need to do to get the most miles from it? It will be used mainly to pull my 5th wheel trailer, and some light hauling from HD, or Lowes. I read on one of the forums about putting a qt of cheap oil in every tank of fuel. Is this necessary? Thanks in advance guys, I got alot of info from this site before I bought!:D

2. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

Put a quality additive in it instead of cheap oil. I use the Amsoil stuff myself, but there is plenty of other additives out there that can do pretty much the same.
    As far as mileage. Just keep your foot off the floor and you should be able to oull down at least 16-18mpg. Add a cold air intake, chip, and bigger exhaust and that should also improve your mileage too.

About the only advice i can give ya, some of the more experienced members here might be able to help you a little morewaytogo