Were to go for a honeymoon.

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by billygoatyj, Sep 28, 2005.

1. billygoatyj

billygoatyj Well-Known Member

So I'm getting married next May and am thinking about were to go for the honeymoon. I want something warm and sunny and a beach. I was thinkin the gulf coast of Alabama(I'm a bit partial to the state and it's not as well know so it might be a little less crowded) or the eastern coast such as south carolina or georgia. I don't really want to be like everyone else and go to florida or hawaii. What's everyone's thoughts and suggestions. I'm open to most anywhere as long as the people are friendly and it's not cold. :popcorn:

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf Active Member

Media:
    Gulf Shores is nice and it's in pretty good shape considering the past year. There is a lot of high rise condo construction so depending on where you are the skyline can be littered with cranes and building skeletons. Also, mid May to the end schools around here start letting out for the summer so you're right at the beginning of the busy season.

Personally, we went to Disney World and had a blast. waytogo

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hawaii ~ Maui island is, from what I have heard a couples island, less touristy and Hawaiians in general are suppose to be very positive and nice....someday I wish to vist this place waytogo

4. billygoatyj

I'm still thinking of Hawaii and if Maui is a couples island that would be good. I really want to go somewhere nice that not many people know of. I do plan to go to Hawaii at some point, my parents took me when I was about 3 or 4 so I barely remember being there at all.(We went to lots of cool places when I was to young to remimber. :doah:) The one thing I don't want to do is get caught up in the beginnig of the summer tourist so I need to pick my destination carefully. Thanks and keep the ideas coming even if it isn't at the beach.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Last year I took my wife to Cancun, Mexico and we stayed at an "All Inclusive Resort". I had no idea what that ment other than once you get to the resort everything, everything is free or included. Well sounds great and all but when I got there the ONLY beer they had was DosXXs, wich was fine at first but after the first day I really wanted something different and I don't drink much alcahol if it isn't in Beer. So anyway stay away from "all inclusive' unless you can review ALL the items served! We had fun still, but hell I couldn't even buy a Corona simply cuz ALL they had was DosXX on draft :doah:
    Mexico is kinda scary third world type of atmosphire :eek:

6. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Look just East of Panama City, FL. You will see Tendal AFB, and then just East of that, Mexico Beach. Absolutely gorgeous white sand beaches that are never crowded, comparatively cheap hotels or rental houses (one around 16th St is 3 stories!), situated in a bay so the waves are relatively calm pretty much all the time with (usually) crystal clear water. If you want more waves, Cape Sanblas(?) is just between Mexico Beach and Tendal and I think they still allow camping out there, but not sure. Not much of a "party" atmosphere, but there is a very nice little bar on the beach with outside seating and pretty good food to boot.

7. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Pacific Grove or Monterey is probably my favorite "beachy" type get away. I heard that (IIRC) Travel magazine named Pacific Grove(Monetery) one of the most romantics destinations in the country.

Lots of great restaurants, lots of beach, lots of shopping, canery row.... My personal favorite is the Monterey aquariums.

The GF and I try and get over there for a weekend about once a year.

8. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Well-Known Member

Media:
    I vote for Hawaii, I've been there twice and would also suggest Maui. My oldest son took in Kauai on his honeymoon and found that to be his favorite. Naturally Maui and Kauai are the most laid back for a honeymoon, Oahu is OK for a day or two but it is way too commercial....

9. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    MOAB :D rotfl

10. billygoatyj

A little wheelin during the trip would be fine with me, but 2 10-11 hr. days there and 2 back...well maybe somewhere a little closer for wheelin. I'll have more important things to do than drive for four days of the trip. rotfl Thanks for all the suggestions and keep them coming.

11. Super Trucker

Super Trucker Well-Known Member

Bobby he said warm and sunny. I wouldn't say PG (Pacific Grove) is warm to someone from TN, especialy in may. And if the fog rolls in it won't be sunny either. :doah: :eek: ;)

12. billygoatyj

Well I don't know what the temps are like in PG in May but i was born in
    Flordia and Tennessee is as far north as I've lived. It ain't warm till it's 90 with at least 50% humitity and it's not hot till 100 with 75% humitity. :doah: It's about 50 degress this morning and that's a bit of a chill, when I lived in Florida that would have been a med. coat type of day, at least in the morning. :eek: