what are some of your life long goals...?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Seventy4Blazer, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    ok, so at 20 i was married... divorced at 24.. owned and sold a house at 22 and 25. those goals have been completed, and soon i will own another house, in 12 to 18 months anyway....

one of my life long goals is to build a 7.99 or faster 1/4 mile car...waytogo

now i know it involves a lot of money to go this fast and i know i will scare the pants off myself doing it... but yeah, im gonna do it. oh, no drugs on it either...

im thinking Datsun 210 with a chome-molly tube frame and a 600+ cube alcohol motor.... :stir: granted it wont be streetable, but it only has to run that speed once.... i also know i would have to step into a blower as well.....

what are some of your goals?
    Grant

2. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

I only have one goal anymore. Everything else is just candy.

Like you, I was married young-21, divorced young-23, and had children young-21 and 26. I married again at 25 to a wonderful woman and have worked through many things that shoulda put one or both of us in the dirt. Five years later we have a modest house that's paid for, all our cars are paid for, and we're relatively debt free.

We've both had high dollar jobs, low paying jobs, and owned/sold our own businesses. We don't have a lot of nice things, but what we have is ours and is more than enough for our family. Currently we work more on a voluntary basis, she involved in a church resale center and I doing low-cost repair on disabled/disadvantaged homes. We have a small amount of income, but we're both happy knowing that others are benefitting from our efforts. It does come back in the strangest ways.

We're looking forward to next school year as our youngest will be going into a headstart program that our other two went through. Volunteering in that program was a life-changing experience for us as parents and I am very excited to get back into it after a 3 year break.

My "goals" are simple... I'm raising my kids to be happy, healty and productive. My life took a back seat to theirs long ago and their success in life is my #1 priority.

Now some things I'd like to accomplish... I'd love to have a small farm to raise chickens. I enjoy having the little critters, but I have to get rid of the roosters every year to avoid the neighborhood problems. I've gotten more attached to a couple of those guys than I have some of my dogs. Craziness, but still. Naturally I'd love to have a nice shop for all my tinker-fab work. I've got a 1956 English Ford panel I'd love to build up into an evil little street machine. Lots of other little projects that will come with time.

3. MTMike

MTMike Well-Known Member

I want to get my business successful enough to where I don't have to work a day job, and I have employees doing most of the work for the business. (If I didn't need health insurance and insist on having a $36k tow rig and expensive toys, I could probably be working at least just for myself) That way I can still have enough $ to live comfortably, and spend all of my time with my family.

Age 26, and I'm halfway there :pimp:

4. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    My current life goal is to outlive my in-laws. I mean really, how many of you will get the oppurtunity to bury your in-laws?

I was married young (age 17, 3 days before my 18th B-day) And now almost 13 years later we are still together and fairly happy. We own our home and are in a constant state of upgrading and remodeling. This year it's get the new furnace installed so the central air we installed 2 years ago will actually work.

And we are hoping against hope that this year the in-laws finally retire from the business so we can take over and run it the right way (ie. not into the ground). My wife and I basically run the family business of 3 cemeteries and a monument coompany and see everything but the profits from it (ie headaches, stress, ulcers).

Once that happens we might think about starting kids but are currently happy with cats. Other than that maybe actually getting my rock crawler finished would be a good goal.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    all yall with kids... kudos... not for me. im "anti Grant having kids"

my house will be my shop one day. 80x160 building with 18 foot roof and 80x80 shop up front, house in the back. all modern and nice inside the "house" part. look like a huge barn. large enough to park a tractor trailer in.

dogs, plenty of them.... i miss my lil mut...

alright, who else?

6. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

1.) win the lotto
    2.) Hunt every game in the United States.
    3.) Get married to my girl!!!!
    4.) Hunt every game in the United States again!!!!!:D

7. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    At this point, my only goal is to see my kids set up with a solid start on their lives with no major baggage or problems that set so many up to fail... With the marital "issues" in the last 2 years or so, that is not an easy proposition. My son has just turned 19 and seems pretty solid on the "right road", but my daughter is just 14 so I have to keep things going in the right direction for a bit longer for her. After that, I will probably start another life on my own, but who knows what the next few years will bring...

8. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    19... i have a recruiters number if you like.... ;)

9. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    They've already been calling. :D His scores were way high and he's been getting all kind of promises, but he also got a full boat scholarship without the military, so he's now going to college. ;)

10. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Yep, they always looking for fresh meat for the grinder. Ever see starship troopers 2? Gotta get em while they're young waytogo

11. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I'm 25 happily married to the woman I love and stuck with me during the hardest times of my life and helped me back up when I would slip in life.

Goals well right now thats wide open I know I would love to see my wife have her own buisness doing what she loves and I'm happy with my job I would love to have a streetable drag car and a hard core rock crawler to compete in in the next few years.To raise and family and have a small farm is the main goal right now and to better myself every chance I get.

12. thezentree

thezentree Member

Move out by the end of the summer
    Get into NCSU's engineering program
    Get a new truck
    Stay in school this time around

13. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    not bad goals... stay away from a GF... should make things a LOT easier....:doah: :stir: :popcorn:

14. rocknbronco

Hmm I just knocked one of those goals down I got a 65 Mustang from my friend now it time to rebuild it.

15. thezentree

thezentree Member

So I pretty much moved out this weekend, got a job, making money, etc.

Decided not to get a new truck, SFA'ing the Yukon is the new vehicular goal.

Got my grades back, 2 A's, a B and a C, so going back to school can actually occur.

Damn I'm good. :D

16. willyswanter

willyswanter Well-Known Member

Media:
    Finish my fricken remodel!!!! It's driving me nuts...

Other than that it's basically never get married and never have kids so I can focus 100% on me and me alone :rolleyes: Well, maybe 10% on me and 90% on my trucks...

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Sure wish I had that kinda wisdom oh....14 years ago:doah: rotfl

Now my only goal is to be a raging alcaholic that likes to go wheeling & camping :eek:

18. rocknbronco

I think since mine they have gone down hill

19. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    HAHA yeah I would agree.

20. rocknbronco

glad I'm not alone on that