06 F-350 engine codes ***PLEASE HELP***

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by xtremekustomz, Jul 22, 2008.

1. xtremekustomz

xtremekustomz Member

I have an 06 F-350 dually with the 6.0 I just got the engin light coming on today and got 2 codes (1- P0404 and 1- P1335) The banks PDA says there EGR codes, im i in a lot of trouble or how much am I lookin at to fix the problem from a dealer??? Please help...

2. XP Mechanic

XP Mechanic New Member

Yes EGR problem

P0404 is EGR Position Sensor Minimum Performance
    P1335-EGR Control Circuit Range/Performance
    means that more likely that EGR valve is "coked up".This is a common problem with 6.0 diesels.

Good luck with that I hope this helps.

3. madatford

madatford Member

I am very sorry to hear about the problems with your 6.0 diesel. Im not trying to be a jerk or anything, but do yourself a favor and trade that sick sucker off as soon as you can. Trust me you will be money ahead. I paid cash for an 03' 6.0 and lost (2) turbos (3 ) instrument clusters and (1) sending :mad:unit before I traded it off for a (you guessed it ):doah: an 05' 6.0 I blew the head gasket and warped the heads almost a half inch. Both trucks had under 30.000 miles. So i had to finance my 06' lbzwaytogo but all i have had to do is replace a cam sensor. I don't mean to be a jerk I just don't think someone should keep throwing money at something thats not going to ever be right. Hope i didnt hurt your feelings and i hope these are minor problems. Good Luck.:eek:

4. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Just pull the EGR controller and clean it. Fairly common problem. Then use your Banks to reset the codes, I bet with the controller cleaned they don't come back for a while. Welcome to life with EGR.