2005, p2285, no start

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by BradHughes, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BradHughes

BradHughes New Member

I would like some input on what I may have going on here. The story:
    About two weeks ago, installed an egr delete, replaced oil cooler and screen. The truck was missing after startup and I found #2 injector plug not all the way down so I fixed that and it ran great for a few days. No more white smoke and normal oil temps. (I don't think that had anything to do with my current problem but just giving the whole background.) About a week later, pull up to a stop sign and it dies. It was hard to start but eventually did and I went on my way. A couple days later, stopped and went into a store and wouldn't start when I came back out. Pulled code p2285, no CEL. Cleared code, re-installed stock programming, and it started up and ran. The next day, started up and died when I let off the accelerator about a mile from home. Wouldn't start, code P2285. Unplugged the ICP and still no start. Towed it home. The next morning I went out and it cranked right up normally and I let it idle in the driveway for about 15 minutes looking and listening for anything abnormal. Got in the truck to raise the RPM's a bit and the second it got to about 1500 it died and then the no start condition.
    I am suspecting HPOP issue, maybe the STC fitting leaking or the IPR and ICP sensor. Does anybody have any advice or input on what to look at? A link to a good write up on how to check the HPOP for leaks? Would a faulty ICP sensor cause a no start?

2. davidCollinss

davidCollinss New Member

This seems to be a weird case. If you are persisting the same issue then I will post you recovery method but very first let me know the actual issue.

Just check out the link for video I posted: www.youtube.com/watch?v=218mYI3MItg