6.0 Mods

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by 05' CO King Ranch, Feb 24, 2007.

1. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

How's that XDI filter workin for ya? That's the canister style one right? It looks like it would work good.

2. BubbaF-250

BubbaF-250 Member

Its real nice, Makes it sound sweet too!

3. reddragon4x4

I read up on it and it is a foam style filter right? Oiled or dry? Have you had it out in dusty conditions often? I"m down here in NM and would rather clean a foam filter than a cloth one, but am just a little unsure as to which one FILTERS the best. They will all flow better than stock, but I don't always trust the manufacturers' numbers. I guess the question to ask is if anyone has "sanded" their turbos after going to a aftermarket. I guess I let the dealer get in my head:doah: I like the looks and design of the XDI, they used it on one of the trucks in a recent Diesel World mag.

On that same note, I would like to see a test done by an actual magazine testing all of the available filters as far as filtration rather than power increase.

4. BubbaF-250

BubbaF-250 Member

Its foam and its oiled. As far as dust goes, I put it on right before the snow hit. I tractor pull and out at these pulls it gets pretty dusty. The reason I tell you this is on my previous GMC I had one of those K&N FIPK. Now come to think of it, thats what my buddy put on his 03 PSD. The dust never bothered neither truck yet. I think the K&N gave a bit more on the performance end but I do like the sound from the XDI.

5. reddragon4x4

Do you get more turbo noise with the XDI or is it just the intake "sucking" sound? Is the filter element pretty easy to clean, I imagine it is probably similar to cleaning my 4 wheeler fliter element.

6. BubbaF-250

BubbaF-250 Member

I havnt had to clean it yet but it doesnt look too bad. I hear alittle more grunt outta mine more then anything. Maybe a lilttle more turbo whine.