BD reflash

Discussion in 'GM Diesel 6.5' started by 1999GMC, Apr 16, 2006.

1. 1999GMC

1999GMC Well-Known Member

Just noticed BD has a reflash for the 6.5L. Anyone have it?

2. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ive got a BD chip in my '95. Judging by my butt dyno, it gave the low end of the claimed power increase, i would just think that 60hp would be more noticeable on a motor that makes less than 200. But, fuel economy never changed, cruising EGT's dropped, and it does tow nicer than with the stock chip in.

3. Dave@BD-Power

Dave@BD-Power Well-Known Member

Butt Dyno, now thats funny!

rotfl

The computer re-flash for the 96-2000 is pretty much the same file as used in the 94-95 chips. We do have a new program that is squeezing another 10HP out of the chips/computers over the older files, depending on when you got your chip Joez would determine which one you got, do you have a P/N off your invoice?

If you are looking for more power out of the 6.5L you should do the downpipe if you have not already, it is the biggest improvement for the dollar. BD also sells 30HP High Flow Injectors for that motor, they can add big power but EGT's can become an issue when running the computer/chip and injectors, do your exhaust, intake and run a pyrometer gauge if you do the injectors.

If you are looking for more feedback from customers running our BD 6.5L performance upgrades try the BD Forum too...

http://bd-power.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=18

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Good to see BD making products for the 6.5.

5. Heavydutyharley

Heavydutyharley Well-Known Member

I had one for a 94 Chevy a couple of years back. It was awsome. I did the chip , exhaust w/downpipe, and AFE air filter. That truck would out tow the 96 Crew cab dualie I have now. I wished I had bought the BD upgrade for the 96, but I went with Kennedy (westers) instead. I have had several issues with the Kennedy reflash. Like I said, I wished I had installed the BD instead. I never had issues with BD products. Always First Class

6. Dave@BD-Power

Dave@BD-Power Well-Known Member

We now offer two options on these 45HP or 70HP

The 6.5L is not dead! waytogo