bigger tires on a stock truck

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by westbound73, Aug 11, 2009.

1. westbound73

westbound73 Active Member

Is anyone running 295/75r16 or 315r16 on a 2002 or older dodge 2500 4x4? if you are using one of these tire sizes, do you have any problems with rubbing? and can you get some pics posted of your truck with these tires? I am trying to make a decision on which tire to go with, and I will be using the stock rim, (8.0 inches) or an aftermarket rim with the same backspacing. I would like 315s but the truck is stock height and I dont know if they will work out without a leveling kit. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Got SMOKE???

Got SMOKE??? Member

man i have an 07 and i know thats not the year you are looking at but i have 35x12.5x17R pro comp xtreme all terrain tires and they rub in the front when i turn pretty bad. from the rubbing while turning sharp it had worn the "knobs" or tread some and when i rotated em to the back it threw one of the knobs off and i had a flat on the back. just something to consider man. hope i helped you some.

3. westbound73

Thanks for the feedback. I dont know what I will end up doing. I think the 315s look good, but I dont want any issues with rubbing or towing performance. I dont see anyone making a 315 with an E rate, and I do a lot of towing.:confused:

4. westbound73

anyone had denmans?

Has anyone had the denman 305/85r16's? They sound like a great tire, but they are very hard to find. If you have them, how well do they hold up, and where did you find them?

5. Got SMOKE???

Got SMOKE??? Member

yeah usually all the bigger tires only have a D rating

6. Highliner

Highliner New Member

I run 35x12.5 16.5 bfgs little rub in the front but a leveling kit would solve that
    [​IMG]

7. mfurrh55

mfurrh55 Active Member

Media:
    I had a 2001 3/4 4X4 diesel and i ran 305 70-16s, they didn't rub at all, also i pulled a 5000 lb trailer w/14000 lbs of hay 1200 miles, no problemswaytogo

8. vrodrex

vrodrex Member

National Tire and Wheel in Wheeling, WV sells them. www.ntwonline.com