Chevy Cobalt

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    who has one, and who has had one?
    what did you like and dislike about it?
    im purchasing an 08 base model coupe to use as a DD... the price is very hard to pass up, and the money i spend on fuel now will pay for the car, not counting the raises i get this year as well...

so, lets hear it!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    well, i picked one up. a base model (with a free spoiler as the previous dealer installed it.) its funny that i dont have power windows or door locks, nor do i have cruise, but american auto makers include XM radio and side curtian air bags as standard options... ghey.

i will add power locks with keyles entry for less than 200 dollars, and i will add cruise for less than 200 as well.

sticker price was 14,659.00, got the car out the door with no money down for 10,860.00

so far i LOVE driving it, with the exception of the cruise factor... so far the mileage is rising from 26.5 when i picked it up. i have put ~180 miles on it so far, but mostly around town.

the trunk is HUGE for a coupe and EASILY fits 6 milk crates in it with space to spare. seats are comfy for a tall guy like me (6'4") and it is peppy for the little 2.2L 4 popper it is. i will post pictures when i get home tonight.

Grant

3. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    pics added

4. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

My buddy has one, said the the mileage on his increased up till it had about 5-6K miles on its. Said at 65mpg he gets 34mpg.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    hey, as long as it gets better than my dodge, i dont care... lol right now its saying 26.5 around town. have yet to take in on a trip longer than 7 miles on the highway, but then the instant reads in the mid to low 30's.

main reason it to keep the miles off the truck.

6. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    cool dude i like those little things. my subaru only gets a max of like 29 on the freeway and it cant be under boost like ever to get that mileage. nice little car though.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    so far i know it does 115... lol takes a bit to get there. i need to get druise and keyless entry on it, but other than that and tint the windows.. MAYBE some nicer rims then it will be done. the stereo is nice in it for a factory unit.

averages 26.3 MPG but thats mostly around town. i have yet to take it on a trip and just about every time i get on the highway i take it up to tripple digits. kind of miss being able to do that since the truck doesnt like to go that fast... lol

8. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Automatic or stick??

9. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    stick only. i break automatics. my work car HATES me. it is in need of a trans flush at 14k miles... lol

it is peppy. mileage is holding at 25.8 around town and i am always on the skinny pedal.

10. dylan9862003

dylan9862003 Active Member

wierd coincidence i guess but I bought an 07 chevy cobalt ss last night ...then I come check things out on here for the first time in months and see this thread lol...love mine so far was getting 32 mpg on the way to work this morning at 80 mph...... found a turbo and some other performance parts online for it earlier guess I'm gonna end up playing with it like my truck lol fiance is not to happy with me for talking about fixing it up already though but she will get over it lol

11. Seventy4Blazer

Media:
    yeah, i thought about a SS, but the point is to NOT have another toy. i will however add some lowering springs and rims just for looks.

you have to be careful... look at the transmission specs. they can NOT handle much more power than they already have in front of thme... or on top i guess in this case.