dual tire air inflators.

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by BurnedBronco, Feb 20, 2006.

1. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

what are your guys thoughts on these for the rear of dually's?
    one is th ekind that is a flex steel braided hoe that goes to your inner valve stem and just relocates it to the wheel hub where a bracket is usually bolted next to the wheel hub. work good for trucks with simulators i think do to small openings in alot of the covers that makes getting a guage in there a PITA. only thing i dont like is they tend to leak with age where they connect to the valve stem.

other style i have seen recently that guys swear by are the kind that connect both rear tires toghther with one fill port and a visual gauge that has a red/green flag available in the window. green=-good, red=low PSI kind a nice, but hate the fact that if you get one flat tire, you have 2 flat tires. i dont know about you, but i hate to be o nthe side of the road trying to beat my inner dual wheels off with a sledge hammer, i would rather limp it to town or home with one flat providing i wasnt loaded heavy.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i do not like the idea of having both tires on one stem. if one tire goes so does the other as you stated already. i loved my valve extendors on my old dually and when i dually this truck out i will add them as well. well worth it even if every few yeas you have to change them out.
    Grant