Excessive Tread roll (after new tires)????

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by gmcjimmy88, Nov 11, 2006.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I just put two new tires on the rear of my Gmc 2500HD ext cab 8 ft bed. I did it all myself so I did the normal jack at the center diff (14 Bolt) and raised both wheels off the ground. After replacing the factory Brigdestone V-Steel's with Falken landair H/T's (both 245/75R16's) I noticed a signifigant increase in what seems to be body roll. I originally thought it was sidewall flex but after following my own truck (that was wierd) I see that the tire barely flexes at all but, the body seems to roll alot. After looking at the new original (spare) Bridgestone I see that the tread seems to be deeper and softer on the Falkens. I then tried to move the lugs on the factory spare and compared it to the new Falkens. The Falkens moved much more with alot less force. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so did it correct iotself with miles put on the tires. Was told by one that after a few hundred miles the treads will harden or wear and this will not be a problem. I plan on contacting Falken Mon. A.M. but thought I would post here for any inputs. But after putting 100+ miles on the tires I can say other than the tread roll they have a great ride. I will tow with them in the next few days (after making sure I do not have a defective tire) and will be able to comment on their ability/behavior in that situation. Thanks for any inputs/comments.

2. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    cheap tires??? the load range may be alot less or a softer tread compound.