F450

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by CK5, May 26, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    What is the price differance between a F350 and a F450, also are there more engine choices? I have the info at home, just not in front of me now. :doah:

2. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    The differences are minor, heavier springs, 19.5" wheels, more options for gear ratios, and a bigger rear end IIRC. Front end is the same, frame is the same, engine and drivetrain options are all the same. You can get wheelbase that's basically the same as a longbed F350 or you can get the longer one, I forget the length off the top of my head though. Price is not much more at all, and you can option it out with all the same doodads as the 350. One thing is that since it's not a pickup by definition, in some states it costs a lot more to register, CA being one of those states. That's why I didn't go with one instead of the F350.

3. DWitcher

DWitcher Well-Known Member

ALOT more :mad: Maening the CRAZY registeration fees here in Komiefornia :confused:

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I would also say a lot more. I think the frames are significantly different. Regardless of the shape of the frame for a pickup bed version, but the rails are strait on cab & chassis models. The rear end is a monster Dana 135, 4.88 and 5.13 ratios, much larger brakes, sweet looking 19.5" alcoas, and springs. Thats about all the differences I can think of, which is a lot IMHO. The best thing about those trucks though, is that you can get the superduty body style with full leather, basically the works. Unlike DOdge that offers nothing and GM that offers the ugly as sin Topkicks that are too large for daily driving anyway.

Prices are significant. I think a fully loaded F550 is nearly 60K brand new. I've looked at them before and slightly used trucks are 50+ K. :eek:

5. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Other than the shape of the rear frame between the F350 pickup and the C&C they are not different, the F350 C&C is the same frame as an F450 or 550 with the same WB.

6. jo65cj7

jo65cj7 Member

for the new (05 and up) 4x4's they have the "fatboy" Dana 60 :D which is wider and just about all around bigger and with larger steering components to include a much better steering box oh and 10 lugs.

7. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

big wheels, heavy tires, HD rear end, longer frame options.
    leaf spring front with a tube style front axle.
    big price difference, but alot more truck. still eat balljoints and front tires though. some have issues with keeping the trac bar attached to the front axle.