Firestone Destination AT's...

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by Po' riggity, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Po' riggity

Po' riggity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ok, so I have been doing research. I have a buddy who manages a Firestone auto care store, and can get a decent deal on a set of 285/70/17's for the Dodge. I am stepping down a size from the 35" Procomp XAT's. Has anyone used the Destination AT's? Everything I am seeing is that they are a good all terrain tire, and they do look nice. I am not impressed with procomp tires, and after I was told they would not warranty them because I drive winding mountain roads, I will never buy procomps again, nor will I buy from 4 wheel parts again. The Destinations now come in a load range E which is what I want to go back to. Just looking for any input on these tires.
    Thanks!
    Scott ​

2. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

They don't look too bad. How good of a deal are you getting? I personally won't use Firestone tires after the problems that folks were having with them blowing out a few years ago but, there are a lot of folks who really like them. Tell us what you decide and how you like them.

LT.

3. Po' riggity

Not sure on exact price, but I will let you know when I know. I can tell you it will probably be significantly below MSRP. I know all about the firestone blowout problem a few years back with Ford and the explorer's, but I am more than certain all these problems have been resolved...
    Scott

4. Po' riggity

Just ann update... Firestone has released a 315/70/17 Destination AT like the above picture, in a load range E. I am SERIOUSLY considering going with that size tire when it is time to replace... Any thoughts?
    Scott

5. vrodrex

vrodrex Member

I'm considering the Destination MT in a 315 10 ply. I've had the Timberline AT (basically the same as the Destination AT) on my company truck. Not a bad tire wore pretty good considering the lack of rotation and alignment. They do good offroad in the dry, mud is decent for an AT, I've had a lot better AT's. Snow/ ice they do pretty good as long as the snow isn't really heavy / deep.

6. 46mech

46mech Active Member

Media:
    Though I can't comment about these tires in a truck size, I can say that after doing some research for reviews of the Destination A/T's, I put a set on my Durango and loved them. Most reviews I read about them, folks were more than satisfied with them. Now, I only had about 10 or 12k miles on them before the Durango was totalled by a deer, but I did have them for one winter......and I live on a gravel road; don't recall a time where stability was an issue. More than likely I'll put a set on my '09 MegaCab when the OEM tires wear out.

7. strai8up

strai8up Well-Known Member

look at the cooper atr. they are a great tire that ballance well and come with a 50.000 millage warranty. I think they might get it too.

8. gumpster

gumpster New Member

I purchased a set of Firestone Destination A/T's 315/70/17 10" rims for my 2004.5 Dodge 2500 quad cab 5.9 L 24 Val and the ride is soooo much nicer then the tires I had on. Last tires where a set of **** Cepecks Crushers, 315/70/17(loud,ruff ride and just downright bad) The tires had great write ups on Tirerack.com but I only read the ones that delt with 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks.

9. westbound73

westbound73 Active Member

firestone 315's

I didnt know firestone offered the AT in a 315. I had 265 AT's and they wore very well. Traction on snow and ice could have been better, but they were very good overall. I had a set of firestones a long time ago on a 250 4x4, and they wore out overnight, I said I would never buy firestone again, but the AT's were on the new truck when I bought it, and they ended up being great. I replaced them about 3 mos ago with cooper 315's and the coopers are good so far. They ride great, do well in the snow, but they are only a D rate, and run at 50 psi. I wish the folks at Denman would wake up and start making the 305 coyotes again, now that was a great tire!