First major work on 6.7L

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by 2007CUMMINZ, Feb 12, 2009.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I have been extremely patient with my local dealer about my early model 07.5 6.7L. My fuel mileage has not been what I think it should be. My re-gens have not been what I think they should be. There have been a continuation of small things thru the last year and a half. I added a bypass filter 4000 miles ago and wanted to wait till I got results back on Blackstone before I took the truck in to the dealer. They now have a diesel man that is extremely well versed and we talked for an hour to give him my truck’s background. The codes my ECM is throwing are few and nothing like I have seen others post here. The diesel man talked to Cummins direct and they have done the following and I just picked the truck up and drove it home. Time will tell.
    He replaced the entire EGR system. Re-flashed with “AZ”. Performed the last recall for firewall cover for EGR. The drilled and tapped and cleaned turbo. He reset every timer and log in the computer. I had 2.5% fuel in oil per Blackstone test. Cummins indicated they were not worried till fuel mixture reached 7%. Teck also indicated that the engine computer has a memory that remembers how you drive and the load you put on engine. Cummins suggested to not idle your engine while you were disconnecting your RV. He said after your RV trip and your overhead was showing your mileage at 8-9mph, it may take at least 30 starts and restarts and trips to reset the system before you would see better mileage.

2. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hmm sounds like a mess... sorry to hear about the problems.

At least it is still under warranty.

3. 2007CUMMINZ

Actually it was not really a mess. I think they took a long overdue stab at things that may be wrong.

4. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

Man I hate to hear this stuff. My 6.7 has 54,000 and knock on wood I have not had a single problem yet. Hope ya get all the bugs worked out.:cool:

5. gone camping

gone camping Well-Known Member

Media:
    34,500 on mine with no problems. Had a check engine light come on and one dealer wanted to drill on turbo. I told him not in my life time. He went on and cleared it.waytogo

6. 2007CUMMINZ

Since my install of the 67Smarty my truck has awoken up///waytogo

7. gone camping

gone camping Well-Known Member

Media:
    Thays great news cummins.waytogo