Ford Diesel folks report in!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by Shaggy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Jeff Cheesman

Jeff Cheesman New Member

Ford Diesel

I have a 2001 F250 short bed with a 7.3 PSD. I tow a 28.5 Coachman 5th wheel. I bought the truck used with 58,000 miles and the only problem that I have had was the head gaskets were changed under warranty. So far it has exceeded all of my expectations. I bought it in Florida when my Cheverolet 6.5 broke the crank on the way to Florida. All this happened in Mobile Alabama on a Friday afternoon. We had the chevy towed and got a rent car and drove on to our Florida destination and I began looking as soon as we got settled in. Found this truck at a Chevy dealer and it was parked next to a Chevy duramax, same year and almost identical mileage. The Chevy dealer did not want to come down on price of the Chevy by he wanted to on the Ford so I bought it and went back to Mobile and towed my Chevy home behind the Ford to Texas. My in-laws told me I should inquire about making a commercial for Fords. :stir:

2. Fis Teck

Fis Teck Member

You will love that you got a 7.3L and not the 6.0L. I have a 2000 F250 supercab long box 4x4 it had 36,000 miles when I got it I have 44,000 on it now no problems. I pull a 04 29foot Sprinter LA. It pulls this so easy.

3. 00F250

00F250 Active Member

Media:
    Just got me a 2000 F-250 super duty with the 7.3l powerstroke. Its also a super cab and has a long bed. Less than 65,000 miles and is dark teal and silver. Manual hubs and a block heater. Now to see if i can change my user name.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  4. small_toys

small_toys New Member

New to PSD!

Hello,
    I just bought an '01 F250 CrewCab XLT Lariat short box. I really like the way it rides and feels. Very impressed with the performance of the motor. The truck has 143,000 miles on it. Any information on performance upgrades is what I need. I want to put some electronic gadget on my new toy.

5. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    00F250, Congrats on your new truck, it looks good. Nice color choice waytogo

6. budkole

Media:
    Congrats to ypu also on your new truck. 143k miles.....just breaking it in. The best performance upgrade chip wise would be to have Jody from http://www.dp-tuner.com to burn you a custom 6 position chip. It will have your truck singing to the tune of 21-25 mpg hwy cruising at 70mph! in the 80hp mode. It will also tighten up the tranny a little so it will shift more smoothly as well as firmer. If to can take the noise straight pipe it, it will lower egt considerably. If you dont want the noise get a Walket BTM "big truck muffler", it is a more free flowing muffler that has a straight thru design, but quieter than the strait pipe.

7. Ten_Bucks

Ten_Bucks Well-Known Member

Shaggy, I agree with you on the transfercase deal. The '01 F350 PSD I used to have was an automatic but I ordered it with the floor shift transfercase. The next truck I get after I move out of this state will be set up the exact same way.

8. mbryson

mbryson Well-Known Member

I'm just picking up my '99 F250, auto, lariat, etc. etc. etc. PDQ today. Kinda psyched. Moving from a '89 Sub V2500 (that's for sale if you happen to know anyone (located in Utah) looking for a decent older SUV cheap-$2500)

9. budkole

Media:
    Congrats on the truck and welcome to the World of the PSD!:bling:waytogo :cool:

10. mbryson

mbryson Well-Known Member

Thanks. Since we're posting pics.........

Attached Files:

11. budkole

Media:
    Looking good!waytogo

12. u2slow

u2slow Member

I'm Kevin... 'u2slow' on several other boards.

I got my '95 F350 in March. Its a CC 4x4 w/PSD and ZF trans... good ol' XL trim :D

I have a small 8' camperette that I put on it.... hardly anything you can call 'hauling'. I will likely upgrade to a larger camper as funding permits. Couldn't ask for more in a family vehicle... my wife likes driving it, and the kiddie seats fit with room to spare.

I found this board via ck5.com.

[​IMG]

13. 05' CO King Ranch

05' CO King Ranch Well-Known Member

Media:
    1 Ton Hauler W/ Toys

Hello, My name is Jeff. I own a 2005 King Ranch F-350 Dually Crew Cab Long Bed with the 6.0L Diesel and 5spd tranny. I haul a 30' Cardinal Fifth Wheel and also pull either 2 PWC's or 2 Atv's for Play. I love my truck!! Wouldn't want any other brand!!! I previously owned an 03' F-350 SRW Crew Cab and only got rid of it to get the new front suspension and Dual rear wheels and what the heck the King Ranch edition. FORD IS #1 in my Book but that's my opinion!!!

14. budkole

Media:
    Hi Jeff and Kevin, welcome aboard. You guys will enjoy it here. Lets get some pics of that 2005 King Ranch! Sounds like an awsome rig. Do you like that new front suspension? The dually is almost a must for towing.waytogo

15. 05' CO King Ranch

05' CO King Ranch Well-Known Member

Media:
    1 Ton Hauler W/ Toys

I will try to get some pictures posted in the future. I am a bit challenged on how to get pictures from my digital camera to the computer.

16. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    If you can get your pics from the camera to your hard drive your in, just upload them into the photo gallery here: https://towrig.com/photos/
    It will even auto size it for you if they are to big. waytogo

17. lonsdalecowboy

lonsdalecowboy New Member

My name is Steven. I just bought a 01 F250 with a 7.3L ofcourse. I am a HUGH ford fan and have owned a 6.9L since I was 16. Good truck to this day. Live in CO and pull a Lifted Grand Cherokee with the old and new(more so the new now).

18. LokiWolf

LokiWolf New Member

LokiWolf on other forums, just got my 06 250 6.0 Auto 4x4 CC, 4800 miles ago, before that had a 150 SuperCrew. I tow whatever toy applys. Boat's, Jet Ski's, SCCA Race Cars, and Horses. Just like having the space and ability when I need it.:cool:

19. K5Glazier

K5Glazier Member

Hi, my name is Joe. Signed up on this site awhile back thru ck5. At that time, my intentions were to get a tow rig. Well, that time has come. My boss told me to buy any truck I wanted ($15000 range (merry xmas:D ). I looked at all three major brands and decided on a '99 PSD supercab dually 2wd with 81000mi. The truck was owned by 1 person and he took very good care of it. I picked it up fri. and left it at the shop untill I get it registered. Can't wait to bring it home with me. It is an automatic as it will be my DD. I will be towing a k5 blazer.
    This is my first diesel and hopefully will learn how to treat them thru this site, oh and how to modify them.waytogo
    Joe

20. budkole

Media:
    Congrats on the new truck. You wont be disappointed with the 7.3 Did you get the early 99 or the 99 1/2. The early 99's have a powerstroke v8 sticker on the front fender near the headlights and the 99 1/2's have the plate enblem on the doors. The reason I ask is that are some signuificant changes between the two.