Ford Diesel folks report in!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by Shaggy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    Changes for the 1999.5:
    • Fender badge for the PSD removed, door badge added.
    • Lumbar seat deleted
    • New front-intake "cool-box" air filter box (Older models retrofitted to this style)
    • New down pipe (bigger for better flow)
    • Bed body side molding removed.
    • Passenger side airbag standard across the line
    • Passenger lumbar removed
    • "Superduty" added to the rear tailgate badge for 350
    • Larger turbo
    • Catalytic converter removal
    • New injectors (more power and quieter)
    • Lower restriction intercooler
    While most of the engine and power train specific items happened around 12/1/98 - 12/8/98, many of the "little things" such as the lumbar and badging happened at different times. If your truck was made after 12/8/98, You definitely have a "1999.5."
    Most of the powertrain components were changed due to emissions. Other changes were to cut costs, for better or worse.

2. K5Glazier

K5Glazier Member

Thanks for the info on the years. It seems mine is the 99.5, I hope so anyway. PSD badge on the dood, super duty on the tailgate, no moldings on the bed body. Here are some pics.
    Thanks again and when I'm ready to do some mods, I'll definately ask here.
    Joe

Attached Files:

3. budkole

Media:
    Looking Goodwaytogo My truck Bone Stock, as a matter of fact, the '95 was too, 298,000 miles on it and as strong as a new one, all i changed on it was the alt, batteries, brakes, and a few other regular things, nothing major. I plan on keeping the '02 that way too. It will last much longer stock than modded. I may do an exhaust, only when its time to replace my stock one.

Nothings wrong with mods, but they arent for me. I like longevity:D

Besides, I dont raceburnout

BTW, all 99.5 trucks are actually 2000 model year trucks. I dont know why ford didnt just call them 2000 in the beginning!

4. budkole

Media:
    I finally took some pics of my mule

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  5. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

Here's a couple of my toys.

Attached Files:

6. harleydude

harleydude Active Member

Media:
    Hi- I drive a '97 F350 Crewcab dually. 7.3 w/ auto. trans. 105k miles. I haul a 31' toyhauler travel trailer, about 9000 lb. loaded. I saw an ad for towrigs.com in Diesel Power magazine. This truck is stock and pulls good at 70 mph, but I need a litttle more power for passing and hill climbing. I'm thinking about getting a Superchips tuner. Anyone tried this?

7. budkole

Media:
    I cant say that I have heard anything bad about the superchips, in fact it doubles up as a code if your check engine light comes on. Most tuners wont read codes but some will. I cant think of any off hand. Also dp-tuner.com does a heck of a job on custom chips. Jody Tipton is his name, give him a call and tell him what you what (power wise) and he will hook you up. He does everything in house.btw, welcome to the site

8. powerstrokin

powerstrokin Member

Drive a 96 f-350 auto with 180000 miles and love it nothing ever went wrong with it

9. rogo159

rogo159 New Member

I own a 2002 F350 XLT DRW 4X4 with a 7.3 and auto trans. It is mostly stock. Has running boards and a goose neck. Live on a farm and raise beef cattle. Haul cattle and tractors. May purchase a camper in the near future. Also raise boxer and yorkies. Saw the towrig.com ad in Deisel Power Magazine (www.deiselpowermag.com).burnout

10. budkole

Media:
    Welcome aboard!waytogo Now you gotta post a pic of your truck.

11. HoundDog

HoundDog New Member

Hello all,

I have a '04 F350 XLT Crewcab, longbox, 4x4

Bare bones stock except for a front leveling kit.

I pull daily a 15' enclosed tandem trailer loaded with my tools.

I also pull a 1958 Deville travel tailer. (a work in progress..)

This is my first diesel and I'm learning...and learning...and learning.

12. Strokincowboy

Strokincowboy Well-Known Member

I drive my signature truck. I pull livestock trailers, flatbeds, and pipe trailers.
    Also have company truck. it is a 1995 single cab dually 5speed 4x4 powerstroke with a smeal pulling unit on it and a modified utility bed. last time we weighed it was 14,677#s full of fuel and all of the tools. it has 200,000 miles on it. that is not counting the millions of hours it sits and idles while pulling a well. And it has been over some of the roughest god forsaken country in new mexico.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  13. powershooter

powershooter Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ford

Hello from central Va. I own a 06' F250 SD with a 6.0. It is a short bed , ex-cab ,srw. It has a 6 Speed manual trans and it is stock.:D

14. MikeS

MikeS Member

Hello Evan, I'm Mike and I took delivery last Aug. on my 06 F-250 XLT. We tow a 34 ft. travel trailer for camping. I have the fx4 crew cab, 6.0 and love it so far. This is my first diesel truck. Previously I always had gassers and always Fords since about 1992. I found out about this web site in the magazine "diesel power" from the same people that put out "Four Wheeler" and other mags. Check out www.dieselpowermag.com .

15. jbawilliams

jbawilliams Active Member

I have actually been a member of this site for a few months. I got my 99 CC LB in September, and began looking for forums on the PSD. I registered for this site, and it came back that I was already registered (apparently, I registered while I had my 96). My truck is an F350. My 96 was an F250. It had a stick, and it made me realize that that is the best way to tow, so when I went looking for a crew cab, I had 3 absolute criteria: Crew Cab, Diesel, and Manual Transmission. I had no need for 4x4, and I didn't care brand or color or much else. Dodge didn't make a real crew cab in the years that I could afford, and Chevy didn't put the Duramax in the years I could afford. Left me only one choice really. I am good with that.

16. Nick Danger

Nick Danger New Member

Hello, everybody......

I have a 2006 F350 dually 6.0 liter. I'm not towing anything right now. I am selling my 1989 Airstream motorcoach and will buy a 5th wheel toy hauler. As this is my first diesel that I'll tow with, I hope I can learn some things.

Thanks.................

17. 05kingranch

05kingranch Member

Just joined

18. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Member

Hello. My name is Snowman and I'm a Ford owner/driver.
    I have been driving a Ford for 15 years.
    I'm on my second truck now. First was a 97 F250 7.3 man. Bought that truck w/ 78,000 miles and drove it until 253,000. Sold it, not because it was done, but I wanted to move on. I am currently in a 00 F350 Lar Auto. Both trucks have been regular cab 8ft bed trucks. The only mods on this one (purchased last year w/ 73K on her) have been cosmetic. Clear roof lights, 06' headlights, steps. tenue cvr, Motorcraft HD air filter system. My next purchase will bee MBR turbo back exst and performance module. Still deciding on mod, but wont do anything until April/May since it snows and gets well... crappy up here so.... I have a boat and lug around construction equip. nothing big skidsteer, mini excavator etc. Thats about all for me. Love this site, so much info!!!!

19. hanna1616

hanna1616 Member

Media:
    New Ford Diesel guy

hey guys----new to the site! I have a 2006 F250 Diesel Crewcab FX4 with 15k miles with a leveling kit. As you'll see from my pictures I have had a few other lifted Powerstrokes in the past. I love these trucks! This truck is the product of alot of hard work to finally get what I wanted! I will be buying a 5th wheel VERY soon and thought I would suck up some knowledge before I did so on that topic and others!!! Not sure exactly which 5th wheel, but pretty certain it will be at least 30' and at least 12,000lbs. So, it will be quite the load! Anyway---just wanted to stop in and say hey to my fellow Ford owners.....drop a note sometime. Chad
    (saw this site in Diesel Power mag)

20. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

Im Travis, I drive a 1997 F-250. I haul a car audio van tipping the scales at around 8,500... I figure about 10K when its finished