Ford Diesel folks report in!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by Shaggy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. mbryson

mbryson Well-Known Member

Updated picture of mine

[​IMG]

2. IVYPOISONDIESEL

IVYPOISONDIESEL Member

ford owner

Hello my name is Matt Ivy.I own a 2003 f-350 sw 4-door fx4 lariat.I also own a 1984 mercedez 300D.(5 cylinder turbo diesel).Ihaul a bass boat,toyota 4x4,small tractor,scrap iron trailer, welding trailer,a hay bail or two ,and anything else my friends need moved.:pimp:

3. Tree Killer

Tree Killer Member

Nice Message Board, This place is great !waytogo

4. thumper

thumper New Member

2005 Super Duty Powerstroke

Hi Everyone ! I'm new to your site. I've recently purchased a used Ford 2005 F250 Super Duty Harley Davidson Model Powerstroke. It has 26000 miles on her and I've added an AIRAID air intake and 4" Turbo back SS Summit Auto Racing S/S :rolleyes: exhaust system.
    My question to everyone is ; What do you suggest for a programmer ? I'm towing a 11,000 # 5th wheeel toyhauler with two HD's in the back. I'm only intersted in towing performance and fuel milage when I'm not towing. There is so many programmers out there I'm not sure which way to turn. Looking for some practical experience and help.

5. roided_ranger

roided_ranger Member

hi i am new to the site and the diesel world i am 21 nad i have a 04 f250 xlt fx4 and i tow a my other truck in the sig on a 20 flat bed and a 20 tent traler

6. srnath

srnath New Member

Hi, my name is Steve. I own an 03 f350 6.0 crew cab 4x4 dually lariat. It has towed about 12k, hauled 28 bails in one load and hauls just about whatever I ask it to. I can't complain, it is my first diesel and I cannot imagine going back to gas(although my wife loves her f250 gasser. The motor was replaced at 72k(warranty) and I cannot complain because ford did right by me and even gace me a loaner for the 4 weeks it took to put an 04 long block in.

I have only put in a washable filter and a stering stabilizer. 13k until the warranty is up then my wish list in order is as follows
    Tuner w/guages (any suggestions), cold air intake, exhaust, tranny upgrades.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  7. Shiner

Shiner Active Member

New Guy

Hey there, Glad to be aboard. This is my first time joining a messege board so bear with me. I'm Mike (Shiner) I drive a 2006 King ranch 4 door dually pulling a 36' Raptor toy hauler fully loaded and a flat towed '06 jeep wrangler behind that. My wife and I are full time RVers as our jobs take us all over. My rig is completely stock. (for now) So far after 50,000+ miles I cant ask for more. I love my PSD!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  8. NOTACARLO

NOTACARLO New Member

Just joined and I am oversaturated with info. Great site.

9. waynew55

waynew55 New Member

04' F350

My name is Wayne and I drive a 2004 F350 and love it! I am in construction but only tow a 36 ft toy hauler.Never had any problems at all. I changed to a K&N filter but the so called box sucks, it would not allow the filter to connect right so I had to remove. I did not realize any increase in mileage with it. Also had 4" exhaust put on and again no increase in Mileage. Just got the Edge programmer and will install it this week. I switched to AMSOIL and saw an increase in pickup immediately.

What can I do that will increase the performance and mileage?
    It has about 95Kon it and I bought it new.

Wayne

10. SD4BIGD

SD4BIGD New Member

hello,my name is Dominic. I just joined. I recently bought an 03' F250 4 door,4 wheel drive, with the 7.3 with a few mods.

11. Ed White 03 250

Ed White 03 250 New Member

Hey, my name is Ed. I drive a Ford F 250 crew cab longbed. I just put airbags on the rearend, otherwise its all stock. I bought it used with 84,000 miles on it. I have towed two trailers ( both over 30' ) and have been very impressed with it. It will be towing a 33' toy hauler 10 or 12 times a year. I will be visiting these forums often I'm sure.

12. xtremekustomz

xtremekustomz Member

My names mike i've got an 06 F-350 Crew Cab Long Box Lariet dually. I've got the banks intake, Banks 4inch monster exhaust ( Just ordered 6inch mitres instead) and the banks 6 gun with PDA. I love the truck even with all the bad stuff i have read on here. I own a landscape company so it hauls machinery and interlock all day. Also prow snow with her here in canada. All and all im happy with it

13. 1 WAY 2 GO

1 WAY 2 GO Member

Media:
    waytogoHi Guys,
    Wes here, just joined today.
    My rig is 2005 F250 SD CC LB SLT FX4 SRW, Auto w/man case & hubs, stock except custom 4" SS Exhaust, cat out w/Magnaflow & 5" SS tip.
    Tow: 2009 Cherokee TT.
    Great to be here!!!

Attached Files:

14. danoren

danoren Active Member

Media:
    F-350 2006

Just traded my good old F-250 1994 Turbo diesel fro a F-350 2006,SD,LB,XLT,SRW .
    The F-250 was my first truck and I used it for towing my 5W , I had it since 2002 and it did a great job,and it was kind of sad to get it traded.
    But I will get over it with this 2006 beast.
    [​IMG]

15. hoffbrew

hoffbrew Member

Hello there, my name is Scot, I have a 04 F350 LB 4X4 CC, stock except exhaust, 4" Magnaflow, Turbo back with no converter and 5" lift. I tow a 06 Raptor 3612DS.

16. CainIV

CainIV New Member

Howdy All

My name is mabry and I just bought my first disel. It is an 04 F-350 4x4 and now reading all the problems the engine is has had not feeling so good about my purchase.

17. bear1

bear1 Member

bear1

My name is Ken. I joined in 2009. I have a 2004 F250 CC 4x4 6.0.
    I have had Arp studs installed,bullet proof egr cooler, air bags,46 gal. fuel tank.Every thing else is pretty much stock.
    I tow a 32' fiver weight loaded aprx. 10k.